Insurance Reporting Analyst
Boost powers white-labeled insurance programs for innovators across all industries. Our platform helps tech companies offer modern insurance products to their customers within their own front-end environments. Boost’s infrastructure-as-a-service product, IaaS for short, abstracts and simplifies an old school, complicated industry – and unlocks access to it through a cutting-edge API platform. Our customers are leading consumer and enterprise technology companies as well as game changing insurtech startups. We provide everything they need to quickly get to market with their own programs to monetize the insurance vertical.
What does that mean? That’s ‘abstracted and simplified’ language for insurance stuff like ‘A’-rated insurance paper, dedicated risk capacity to pay claims, and ongoing policy and claims administration – but it’s all powered programmatically by our back-end API-driven systems. Technically we’re a licensed managing general agency, we’re just redefining what that means.
Our company is well-funded and backed by an awesome group of investors that includes Greycroft, Norwest Venture Partners, Tusk Venture Partners, State National, and Nephila. We’re having a ton of fun, growing like crazy, and looking for forward thinking builders to join our team.
Join a dynamic, fast-growing company and have the opportunity to make an immediate impact on our team's financial results as we continue to optimize on all fronts!
Reporting to the Director of Insurance Ops, the Insurance Data Reporting Analyst will play a critical role on the Insurance Team to develop standardize reporting processes for Boost and our program partners. The Insurance Data Reporting Analyst will be heavily involved in building the foundation of Boost’s insurance-related financial reporting processes and managing their ongoing workflows.
This role’s primary responsibilities will be to prepare and review internal and external reporting deliverables, working with internal stakeholders to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements to provide to investors and other external stakeholders, as well as the creation of bordereau consolidation and reconciliation reports.
- Lead the preparation of quarterly internal and external reporting deliverables including premium and tax statements, carrier and reinsurer reports, claims status and funding and other ad-hoc reports as required by the management team.
- Validate and review accuracy of collected financial data and assist in the creation of monthly financial reports on a per program and consolidated basis.
- Manage the filing and reporting of surplus lines taxes for Boost’s E&S programs.
- Perform deep data analysis and provide insights on the performance of Boost’s program partners and the Boost portfolio by providing delivery of key insight and analyses to the Boost management team.
- Ensure that the reporting cadence is consistent with internal, carrier, state and reinsurer requirements.
- Create and standardize the internal financial reporting processes to ensure a timely delivery to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with the Boost tech team to develop automated processes that interact with and leverage the Boost Policy Admin System.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical field such as Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science.
- 2-5 years of financial reporting experience, ideally within a P&C insurance company or as a consultant, data analyst or business analyst.
- Ability to analyze and break down complex data sets and reports to find solutions, and communicate them effectively across diverse stakeholders
- Intermediate working knowledge of P&C insurance and accounting/financial analysis.
- Outstanding quantitative skills and expert proficiency in Excel.
- Intermediate ability to leverage data visualization tools, such as Looker, Tableau, and Microsoft Office to analyze large, complex data sets and clearly articulate findings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with emphasis on professional writing and financial analysis.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, including technical staff, internal non-technical staff, and business stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently adapt in a dynamic work environment
- Willing to work in New York City full-time or relocate
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Experience developing tools and reports using a variety of database applications
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of technology systems and applications
- Working knowledge of insurtech trends and the startup landscape
- Previous experience working at startups or tech companies
- Long-term goal-oriented consistent with startup life
- Self-starter with the ability to derive need without being told exactly what to do
- A fun, badass attitude with a desire to build something huge
- Willingness to “get in the weeds” and “get hands dirty” with a “no task is too small” attitude
- Adept at learning and utilizing new technologies in the workplace
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity and creativity
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary + equity commensurate with experience and company stage
- Healthcare with employer contribution
- A close-knit team that always has each other's backs
- Best office dogs in the business
- Jeans and t-shirts environment
- Huge bags of Swedish Fish
- Office Beer (it’s 5 o'clock somewhere)