Insurance Product & Compliance Analyst
New York /
< Not just tech. Not just insurance. Something better. >
Boost powers white-labeled insurance programs for innovators across all industries. Our platform helps tech companies offer modern insurance products to their customers within their own frontend environments. Boost’s infrastructure-as-a-service product, IaaS for short, abstracts and simplifies an old school, complicated industry – and unlocks access through a cutting-edge API platform. Our customers are leading consumer and enterprise technology companies as well as game changing insurtech startups and we give them everything they need to quickly get to market with their own programs to monetize the insurance vertical.
What does that mean? That’s ‘abstracted and simplified’ language for boring insurance stuff like ‘A’-rated insurance paper, dedicated risk capacity to pay claims, and ongoing policy and claims administration – but it’s all powered programmatically by our backend API-driven systems. Technically we’re a licensed managing general agency, we’re just redefining what that means.
Our company is backed by an awesome group of investors including Coatue, Greycroft, Norwest Venture Partners, Tusk Venture Partners, State National, and Nephila. We’re having a ton of fun, growing like crazy, and looking for forward thinking folks to join our team.
The Insurance Compliance Analyst will play a critical role on the Insurance Team, working closely with the Director of Insurance Product Development and cross-functionally with the Head of Legal & Compliance to support the implementation of new insurance products.
· Research compliance and regulatory requirements necessary to implement new products in the marketplace
· Prepare amendatory endorsements to meet compliance requirements for each state and program
· Ensure compliance of the insurance products and filings for different lines of business
· Ensure filing and implementation deadlines are met for multiple programs in parallel
· Monitor all state insurance laws, regulations, and bulletins, and form any needed action plans to ensure the compliance of the insurance product
· Maintain robust compliance and filing documentation
· Evaluate alternatives and develop processes necessary for Boost’s Insurtech’s Partners to remain compliant with new regulatory compliance requirements.
· Assist the Director of Insurance Product Development with research used in the creation and development of Boost’s products.
· Assist in other regulatory and/or compliance matters and special projects as needed
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Must have 2-5 years of experience working in P&C insurance
· Must have knowledge of the SERFF filing process and Florida’s i-File system
· Familiarity with searching SERFF and SNL for competitor filings
· Exceptional research skills with the ability to research regulations across all jurisdictions and communicate them effectively across diverse stakeholders
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong project management and organizational skills
· Must be willing to learn new things and take on new responsibilities
· Willing to work in New York City full-time or relocate
· Authorized to work in the United States
· P&C license preferred, but not required
· Strong preference for experience filing and doing compliance checks on more than one line of business
· Experience in a product filing role
· Experience with both admitted and non-admitted lines is a plus
· Previous experience working at startups or tech companies is a plus
· Long-term goal-oriented consistent with startup life
· Self-starter with the ability to derive need without being told exactly what to do
· A fun, badass attitude with a desire to build something huge
· Willingness to “get in the weeds” and “get hands dirty” with a “no task is too small” attitude
· Adept at learning and utilizing new technologies in the workplace
· Insatiable intellectual curiosity and creativity
Compensation & Benefits
· Salary + equity commensurate with experience and company stage
· Employer-Contributed Healthcare
· Best office dogs in the business
· Jeans and t-shirts environment
· Huge bags of Swedish Fish
· Beer (it’s 5 o'clock somewhere)
· Work with a close-knit team that always has each other's backs