Las Vegas, NV /
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Provide technical and engineering support to the Project Teams including Project Managers and Construction Managers
- Coordinate with TBC staff, contractors, architects, engineers, inspectors, and Clark County staff
- Participates in, and occasionally runs, design or construction meetings
- Make field checks on construction, demolition, rehabilitation, alteration addition or repair projects related to tunnel interior to determine compliance with job specifications, plans, established standards, and OSHA requirements
- Read and interpret construction plans and shop drawings
- Assist in preparing written materials including correspondence, reports, procedures, and guidelines
- Support development of weekly/monthly status and photo reports for TBC team and owner representative
- Review, estimate, negotiate and process construction change orders and construction field orders
- Review and enforce construction and professional service contracts
- Manages and directs contractors and outside consultants including reviewing and approving invoices
- Assesses project risks and develops risk registers including mitigation strategies
- Facilitates resolutions of tunnel interior construction and design issues
- Coordinate with Architects for timely and accurate responses to requests for information, submittals, change documents, etc.
- Generates and distributes meeting minutes (construction meetings, design meetings, etc..)
- Reviews submittals for conformance to plans and specifications
- Other job-related duties or projects as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related degree.
- 4+ years of relevant experience
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience working on road construction projects
- Experience with concrete, paving, and/or electrical systems
- A track record of success in root cause analysis and taking corrective action
- Strong multitasker with an acute sense of detail and superior ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to manage projects from inception to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An analytical mindset that thrives on formulating strategy and presenting data.
- Highly organized with a strong sense of urgency.
- Position may require extended hours and weekend work.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.