Bastrop, TX /
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Build and assemble hydraulic systems, subsystems, and components such as valves, manifolds, and pumps.
- Build, crimp and test hydraulic hose assemblies.
- Test, identify, diagnose and repair industrial mechanical systems, subsystems, and components
- Move and install, make necessary connections, and functionally check out to ensure safe and correct operation.
- Prioritize the safety of others by continually seeking process improvements.
- High School Diploma
- 3+ years of industrial maintenance/production environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Fluid power certification.
- Associates Degree in Manufacturing Technology or equivalent technical certificate.
- 5+ years servicing/maintaining tunnel boring machines and/or heavy mobile equipment.
- Familiarity with hydraulic systems distributing liquids and gasses under varying pressures.
- Independent worker with strong multitasking skills.
- Mechanical aptitude with cross-functional technical disciplines.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot.
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Forklift certification
- Fluid Power certification
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel for short and extended trips as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction areas.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.