Assistant Facilities Manager
OPERATIONS – Business Operations /
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
The Assistant Facilities Manager will be vital in helping us expand and maintain a word-class facility at The Boring Company's HQ in Bastrop, TX.
- Technical implementation manager for all onsite service technicians and maintenance.
- Be the generalist expert on all implementation details and scoping of work orders.
- Manage and allocate resources for shift workers and contractors to adhere to project timelines.
- Observe and implement systems and site labeling to ensure open access to improvements for future users (example, labeling all receptacles with services from panels).
- Interacts with suppliers/consultants and/or vendors on facilities and property matters.
- Manage inventory and stock for basic site maintenance items.
- High school diploma
- Knowledge in HVAC, Mechanical and Electrical processes and troubleshooting.
- Experience managing projects (construction and remodeling of production areas and offices, equipment installations, and system implementations).
- 3+ years facility related work experience, including customer service, leadership, and supervisory experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in CMMS/work order platforms.
- Experience operating heavy machinery such as a skid steer, wheel loader, telehandler, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction areas.
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for 8+ hours per day
- Ability to stoop, bend, push and pull
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to climb ladders/stairs, work in loud environment.
- Must be willing to drive personal vehicle for company tasks as needed.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.