Adelanto, CA /
Full-time - Temporary
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Operate an Earth Pressure Balance Machine (EPBM) within varying ground conditions.
- Manage ground conditioning to maintain a positive Earth Pressure during operations.
- Review hydraulic and pneumatic schematics to test, identify, diagnose and repair issues with mechanical systems, subsystems, and components.
- Manage project documentation, tunnel alignment profiles, and different soil properties.
- Maintain and produce operational reports and daily activity logs.
- Promote a safety culture within team and during operations.
- Train and mentor other team members.
- Operate specialized construction equipment and vehicles, safely and productively.
- Support mechanics during mobilization/demobilization.
- High School Diploma
- 5+ years of Tunnel Boring Machine experience.
- Basic computer skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience operating an Earth Pressure Balance Machine.
- 2+ years of experience in heavy equipment operation used in excavations, loading, and unloading of materials.
- Knowledge and operational experience with programmable logic controller (PLC) systems.
- Knowledge of TBM guidance systems and accompanying pre-cast segment orientations and build sequencing.
- Versed knowledge of TBM conditioning methods.
- Specialized in the operation of electro-mechanical and mechanical equipment as it relates to TBM’s.
- Ability to set up site according to plans and specifications.
- Ability to use surveying equipment, interpret plans and properly complete calculations for grade and alignment.
- Class A CDL with tanker endorsement.
- Position may require extended hours and weekend work.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, certification reimbursement and a competitive amount of equity.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.