Bastrop, TX /
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Work directly with project managers and engineers to develop efficient, cost-effective solutions to a variety of construction challenges
- Create comprehensive cost estimates to drive decision making.
- Develop strategic supplier relationships, negotiate contracts and pricing, act as primary point of contact for key Central Texas based suppliers.
- Assist in development and implementation of purchasing systems and processes to improve company efficiency.
- Execute all purchase orders for Austin operation; handle purchases quickly and without error. Communicate order status to internal customers and coordinate delivery logistics.
- Source critical items, working directly with the project manager, field engineers, and field technicians.
- Manage rental equipment delivery and return, develop system to ensure that rental utilization is maximized and that rentals are returned in a timely manner.
- Resolve invoice issues with suppliers to ensure vendor payment.
- Report and monitor inventory counts of tunneling supplies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or similar discipline.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective time management and multitasking skills; addresses all tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to complete tasks independently with minimal oversight.
- Ability to identify problems and quickly implement solutions.
- Driver’s license, vehicle, and good driving record.
- Position may require extended work hours and weekend work.
- Must be willing to drive personal vehicle for company tasks as needed.
Reporting Location: Bastrop, Texas - Headquarters
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.