Security Guard (Part-time)
Las Vegas, NV (Loop)
PRODUCTION – Loop Security /
Part-time - Temporary
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
As a Security Guard, you will monitor The Boring Company sites and systems to ensure the safety and well-being of passengers, fellow employees, and company assets. The ideal person for this role is a great communicator and performs well under pressure. This position may require night and weekend shifts.
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of passengers and fellow employees, and company assets.
- Monitor construction sites, vehicles, drivers, company properties and loading stations for safety and security.
- Coordinate emergency response actions in the event of an emergency.
- Drive vehicles and transport passengers in the loop system when additional drivers are needed.
- Perform Loop Operator duties as necessary.
- Maintain lost and found inventory.
- Perform other assigned tasks as directed by Management.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid United States Driver's License.
- Possess a satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to pass the Department of Transportation mandated Drug Screening Test.
- At least 21 years old
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 1+ years of Security, Military, or Law Enforcement experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a position with direct guest contact.
- Ability to manage several tasks at once.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Initiative in resolving problems and an independent worker.
- First Aid, CPR & AED Certifications
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel for short and extended trips as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction areas.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.