Water Jet Operator
PRODUCTION – Production /
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Program and operate water jets
- Experience with proper start-up and shut-down of water jets
- Program and set-up using proper garnet and mixing nozzles
- Generate multiple part nesting’s and print layouts
- Troubleshoot program, offset, and condition settings and adjust corrections
- Work in accordance to established safety rules and good housekeeping practices
- Work on additional equipment or tasks outside the job description as directed by the floor supervisor for production needs or continuous improvement
- Accurately record time and production numbers daily/report scrap
- Operate machines to hold precise tolerances
- Troubleshoot and assist in repairs on the machines to ensure proper operation
- Inspect finished work pieces with proper tools
- 2+ years of professional experience programming and operating water jets, specifically OMAX machinery and software
- Experience with overhead cranes, basic hand tools, tape measure, calipers, micrometers, or air grinders
- Experience with DXF, DWG and various print file types
- Pump rebuild knowledge
- 5 Axis & Tilt A Jet experience
- Flexible working nights/days
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of professional experience leading machine and equipment maintenance
- Experience with CNC machine operation
- Able to navigate documentation from production records and database
- Able to identify material types and thickness as associated to work orders
- Able to read interpret blueprints and understand part tolerances per print specification
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel for short and extended trips as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction areas.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.