Bastrop, TX /
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Manage and expand network interconnections, network co-location sites and points of presence (POPs)
- Maintain the uptime and performance of the ground network
- Improve network performance based upon system performance metrics
- Assist in updating system configuration and firmware
- Assist in negotiating technical aspects of supplier and service provider contracts
- 3+ years of professional hands on experience operating a service provider network
- Operational experience in a Linux production environment
- Experience with Python and/or bash scripting
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering discipline
- Deep understanding of service provider networks including but not limited to:
- Connectivity (Ethernet, WDM, IPv4 and IPv6)
- Switching (MPLS, QinQ)
- Routing (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS)
- Subscriber Management (BNG, RADIUS/AAA, QoS, BSS/OSS integration)
- Network security and Anti-DDoS measures
- Internet services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.)
- Familiarity with network health monitoring systems such as Observium, Solarwinds or Nagios
- Experience with hands-on work in bringing up network infrastructure
- Experience creating documentation and procedures
- Ability to run projects independently
- Experience working on wireless networks
- Experience working on software defined networking (SDN) and/or network function virtualization (NFV)
- Cisco, Juniper or other industry certifications
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.