Member of Technical Staff, Modeling
Santa Clara HQ
Boson AI is an early-stage startup building large language tools for everyone to use. Our founders (Alex Smola,Mu Li), and a team of Deep Learning, Optimization, NLP, AutoML and Statistics scientists and engineers are working on high quality generative AI models for language and beyond.
We are seeking research scientists and engineers to join our team full-time in our Santa Clara office. As part of your role, you will work on implementing and training deep neural networks, understanding and interpreting model behavior and aligning models to human values. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in machine learning, and have motivations for developing state-of-the-art models towards AGI.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every single qualification. As long as you are motivated to learn and join the development of foundation models, we’d love to chat.
- Design and verify novel model architectures and training objectives.
- Investigate novel model alignment algorithms.
- Write efficient and clean code for ML training.
- Conduct large-scale experiments to verify the modeling choices and identify improvement areas.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Ability to summarize results, clearly communicate the motivations and observations in your work
- Proficiency in at least one deep learning framework, such as PyTorch.
- Participated at least 1 research project related to large language or multimodal models, e.g., experience in training or finetuning them.
- Experience in alignment research
Strong candidates may also have:
- Experience in large-scale distributed model training
- Active Github contributions are a big plus.
- Think out of box, has excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in writing GPU kernels in CUDA