Billerica, MA /
Everything that we want to do in life depends on materials. Consider the Bronze Age, Iron Age, Age of Plastics – our evolution as a society is defined by the materials that we use. Products, from airplanes, electric vehicles, to semiconductor devices, are all enabled and limited by the materials that are available to us. Boston Materials is driven by the vision that creating novel materials will empower industry leaders to make new and better products.
About Boston Materials
Founded in 2016, Boston Materials is a high-performance materials company enabling manufacturers of industrial and consumer products to break through their design trade-offs with new materials. The company’s patented Z-axis Fiber™ technology is a lightweight material that has an extraordinary ability to diffuse energy (structural, thermal or electrical). It is produced from 100% reclaimed carbon fiber, enabling new, high-volume, energy-efficient products that have a low carbon footprint. By turning a $2B per year waste stream into high-value, advanced materials, Boston Materials is enabling the next generation of products and unlocking a circular economy. To learn more about Boston Materials, visit bomaterials.com.
We are hiring a well-seasoned Logistics Specialist to join our expanding team and play a major role in providing logistics support to new game-changing composite materials!
The Impact You Will Make in this Role
· Log all manufacturing runs, shipments, and receipts into NetSuite
· Allocate finished goods to customer orders
· Process with a high degree of accuracy all Incoterms shipments
· Operate some roll-to-roll equipment (rewinding, slitting)
· Schedule, pack, and organize shipments
· Understands urgency; possess exceptional problem-solving skills
· Operate forklift and similar equipment
· Maintain stock levels of raw materials
· Proficiency with UPS and UPS Worldship
Your Skills and Expertise
· 7+ years previous experience in logistics
· High School diploma, or equivalent
· Demonstrated experience with Incoterms (International Commercial Trade Terms)
· Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel in a professional capacity
· Demonstrated working knowledge of PC computer systems
· NetSuite experience, preferred
· Excellent communication, great interpersonal, and time management skills
· Well-developed motivational and leadership skills
· Experience operating roll-to-roll equipment
· Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. minimum
· OSHA 10, preferred.
· CPR/ First Aid Certification, preferred
Boston Materials is an EOE and at the forefront of materials innovation, the key to which is diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis.