Supply Chain and Logistics Engineer
Billerica, MA /
About Boston Materials
Founded in 2016, Boston Materials is a high-performance materials company enabling manufacturers of industrial and consumer products to break through their design trade-offs with new materials. The company’s patented Z-axis Fiber™ technology is a lightweight material that has an extraordinary ability to diffuse energy (structural, thermal or electrical). It is produced from 100% reclaimed carbon fiber, enabling new, high-volume, energy-efficient products that have a low carbon footprint. By turning a $2B per year waste stream into high-value, advanced materials, Boston Materials is enabling the next generation of products and unlocking a circular economy. To learn more about Boston Materials, visit bomaterials.com.
Supply Chain and Logistics Engineer
Everything that we want to do in life depends on materials. Consider the Bronze Age, Iron Age, Age of Plastics – our evolution as a society is defined by the materials that we use. Products, from airplanes, electric vehicles, to semiconductor devices, are all enabled and limited by the materials that are available to us. Boston Materials is driven by the vision that creating novel materials will empower industry leaders to make new and better products.
We are hiring a well-seasoned Supply Chain and Logistics Engineer to join our expanding team and play a major role in developing and building new game-changing composite materials!!
The Purpose of this Role
We hire people that are eager to make an impact!
Are you excited about working on the cutting edge of technology and state of the art science? We are too! Boston Materials is looking for an accomplished Supply Chain and Logistics Engineer to support our growing sourcing and supply management needs!
The Impact You Will Make in this Role:
- Developing & executing best-in-class plastics and materials sourcing
- Search and procurement of materials for R&D (i.e., films, sheets, plastics, metals)
- Manage multiple levels of vendors to supply raw materials
- Work with engineering to source new materials and vendors based on different program needs
- Work with manufacturing to ensure material availability for production
- Establishing new vendor relationships and managing existing relationships consistent with BM best practices
- Managing timelines and production runs with qualified contract manufacturers
- Ownership of inventory management in MRP system
- Order fulfilment and inventory movement
- Materials receiving and system entry
- Work with cross functional managers to source the right products
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers and customers
- Plans, manages, and coordinates all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand
Your Skills and Expertise:
- 2 or 4-year degree, preferred
- 3+ years working with vendors and supply chains
- Excellent computer application skills (i.e., Excel, MRP systems)
- Strong ability to quickly learn new software systems
- Strong writing and communication skills (to internal & external customers)
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team
Summary of benefits:
- Health Care, Dental & Vision – Boston Materials pays 75% of Health Care, Dental and vision coverage for employee and dependent(s)
- Holidays: 14 days/year
- 401(k) plan
- 4 weeks of supplemental Paternity Paid Family Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
Boston Materials is an EOE and at the forefront of materials innovation, the key to which is diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis.