Dallas, TX Remote /
Technology – Architecture /
Reg Rock (Full Time)
Who we are:
Brands across the world are reinventing their businesses at an accelerated clip to exceed consumer expectations. Bottle Rocket sits in a unique position to help these organizations build products that improve outcomes for the business and ultimate delight for its customers. We're looking for people like you to join our team today as an Android Architect
Who you are:
As an Android Architect, you will provide architecture and application design oversight to Android applications, and technical mentoring to Android developers. You will lead Android projects from start to finish by working with developers and creative designers to design, develop and test complex applications for Android devices. Your passion for architecture will be valuable to stay on top of Android technology trends and promote them within the organization.
What you will do:
- Provide ongoing data architecture for products and custom applications, and for Bottle Rocket internal frameworks
- Establish Android best practices for coding conventions, use of frameworks, reviews, testing, builds, repositories
- Monitor the latest developments and direction of Android platforms
- Work with other developers to design, develop, test, implement and support new front-end applications, systems, and tools
- Provide Business Development team with technology trend information and assist with new project estimates
- Maintain confidentiality of client credentials, components of statistical work, client documents, and interfacing of their systems
What you bring:
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years' Android development experience
- Minimum 8 years' overall software development experience
- Previous development experience with other mobile platforms
- Experience defining APIs and Frameworks
- Have multiple Android applications in Play Store
- Significant knowledge of Jenkins, BitBucket, git / gitflow, Maven and Gradle
- Experience with developing and deploying Android AAR libraries
What's in it for you:
- "Work from Wherever"- remote working environment
- Self-managed vacation (no limit on the number of vacation days you can take in a given year)
- Focus on work/life balance
- Health, vision & dental benefits
- HSA contribution
- 401(k) matching
- Paid parental leave
- Transparent environment
- Many fun company-wide events
- Top-of-the-line tools
Bottle Rocket is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Bottle Rocket is registered, you will not be eligible for employment with us. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations or for certain positions.
Bottle Rocket is a strategic partner within the worldwide WPP integrated communications network.
To learn more, visit us at bottlerocketstudios.com.
Our people are our greatest strength. Bottle Rocket firmly believes in diversity, inclusion, and racial equality for everyone. We are committed to taking a bold stance against inequality and are asking you to join us. We know we have a lot to learn and a long way to go, but we also know that we are taking steps in the right direction.
Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Bottle Rocket, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, citizenship, genetic information, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. We are committed to creating and supporting a diverse workforce. In fact, we believe strongly that diversity is one of our best competitive advantages. Whether it's diversity of age, ethnicity, gender, belief systems, or world views, a more diverse group of people will always produce a more robust, creative, and comprehensive solution. We value all Rocketeers' talents equally and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. None of us is more important than another.