Solutions Architect | Mobile
Software Engineering – Architect
As a Solutions Architect I, you will design and articulate mobile solutions for our clients to help them achieve their business goals. You will track mobile industry technology trends and best practices and share your thoughts within the organization, as well as offer thought leadership externally. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable about mobile development standards (Android, iOS, Responsive Web, Mobile Middleware) and familiar with deployment of mobile apps across platforms.
- Track the latest developments and direction of mobile platforms, and provide a point of view for the company. Own the technology roadmap for Bottle Rocket.
- Aware of technology trends and provide a point of view on how they impact mobile – machine learning, IOT, AR/VR, natural language interfaces, etc.
- Assist business development team with new project estimates and drive conversations with client IT stakeholders as required
- Able to translate a client’s business goals into achievable technical strategies and high-level requirements, keeping user experience as a top priority
- Work with marketing to provide thought leadership through blog posts, community involvement and speaking engagements
- Evaluate potential candidates for technical partnerships such as mobile SDK’s or technology enablement
- Maintain confidentiality of client credentials, components of statistical work, client documents, proprietary system design and trade secrets
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- When requested, provide mobile consulting services to clients to help establish technology roadmaps.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of software architecture experience
- 10+ years of object-oriented programming
- High-level knowledge of mobile platform capabilities, SDK landscape, cross-platform tools and limitations, web technical stacks, available middleware and application platforms, etc.
- Strong communication skills with a high emphasis on the ability to explain technology in business terms and to express opinions clearly
- Understanding of security and compliance and the impact as it relates to mobile and web applications, specifically HIPAA, PCI, DRM, Accessibility
- Knowledgeable about mobile app and web deployments as well as SEO and ASO
- Solutions oriented – ability to creatively solve problems on the fly
- Embrace Bottle Rocket’s maker culture - early adopter/innovator
- Self-driven and self-managed, good time management skills
- Ability to make decisions and drive initiatives to completion
- Able to work in a fast-paced, extremely team-oriented environment
- Have a passion for technology and follow industry best practices
- Regular attendance at work is required for successful performance
- Significant hands-on mobile or web development experience
- Background in software development – understanding of object-oriented and functional programming concepts, as well as software design patterns and principles (SOLID, DRY, etc)
- Expert knowledge of software architecture
- Experience defining API’s and Frameworks
- Multiple applications and/or libraries in personal portfolio
- Knowledge of AWS, Jenkins, git / gitflow, and development tools (memory / debugging, static code analysis, testing frameworks)
Bottle Rocket is a rapidly growing custom development company at the forefront of the connected device revolution. Our team is comprised of mature, self-motivated professionals who bring passion to their craft. We do what it takes to get the job done, but never stop trying to improve ourselves and our services. By day, we sweat the details and build awesome digital experiences – and our passion doesn’t end there. After hours, we’re those people standing in line for the latest games and technology. Bottle Rocket not only exceeds standards – we set new ones (and have fun while doing it).
We take pride in our employees and their future. We have repeatedly been named the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, and the Inc. 500. Our work has won an unprecedented number of Apple Hall of Fame awards. We have even been featured on Forbes America’s Most Promising Companies List. And our Founder and CEO was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region.
It’s our duty to stay at the forefront of what’s next, and in our world, that means continuous innovation. It’s more than just a buzz word. It’s our day to day and the heartbeat of our Rocketeers. We believe innovation is the result of curiosity and the desire to make a difference. Innovation is a strategic imperative we use to deliver relevant offerings to help our clients stay ahead of the competition. Innovation that rapidly turns into execution is our strength.
With tens of millions of users interacting with our work every day, Bottle Rocket’s future promises continued growth in all areas of our business. If you are passionate about what you do and having fun while doing it, Bottle Rocket may be the place for you.
Bottle Rocket has been a thought leader at the intersection of transformative technology and business innovation since our inception in 2008. Headquartered in Dallas, we design and develop experiences for the Connected Customer that produce undeniable value for many of the world’s most distinguished brands. Our more than 450 award-winning experiences have set new standards in connecting people to what they want and are transforming how our clients compete and win in the marketplace. Bottle Rocket is a strategic partner within the world-wide WPP integrated communications network.
To learn more, visit us at bottlerocketstudios.com.