Lead Engineer | Android
Software Engineering – Android
Reg Rock (Full Time)
As a Lead Software Engineer (Android), you will be responsible for developing and supporting Android mobile-based solutions for our clients and company. You will work on project teams to deliver complex world-class products and services with high-quality code. As a lead, you should have a client-facing mentality and be comfortable guiding other engineers and developers on your project.
*PLEASE NOTE, THERE ARE MULTIPLE LEVELS OF ANDROID SOFTWARE ENGINEERS AVAILABLE. LEVEL WILL BE SPECIFIED AFTER SPEAKING WITH ONE OF OUR RECRUITERS OR HR REPRESENTATIVES.
- Develop new Android apps
- Maintain existing Android apps
- Manage your own time
- Manage your own part of projects
- Some Architecting
- Ability to train others
- Ability to work directly with management to help build the Android development practice
- Experience developing Android apps using Kotlin
- Ability to work with UX/UI designers to build the best possible experience
- Minimum three years experience developing Android apps for a company or on your own
- Minimum five years experience developing professional-level software
- Deep understanding of the platform
- Deep understanding of hardware requirements
- Develop an example project as part of the interviewing process
- Provide screen shots of existing apps that you worked on including links or information on those apps
- Work on-site (Dallas, Texas)
- Have apps posted to Google Play
- Experience building custom Android Views Familiarity with modern Android libraries (Navigation Components, Data Binding, etc.)
- Mac user
- Outline the types of apps you feel most comfortable making (we develop a variety of apps and want to know where your strengths lie)
Bottle Rocket is a rapidly growing custom development company at the forefront of the connected device revolution. Our team is comprised of mature, self-motivated professionals who bring passion to their craft. We do what it takes to get the job done, but never stop trying to improve ourselves and our services. By day, we sweat the details and build awesome digital experiences – and our passion doesn’t end there. After hours, we’re those people standing in line for the latest games and technology. Bottle Rocket not only exceeds standards – we set new ones (and have fun while doing it).
We take pride in our employees and their future. We have repeatedly been named the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, and the Inc. 500. Our work has won an unprecedented number of Apple Hall of Fame awards. We have even been featured on Forbes America’s Most Promising Companies List. And our Founder and CEO was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region.
It’s our duty to stay at the forefront of what’s next, and in our world, that means continuous innovation. It’s more than just a buzz word. It’s our day to day and the heartbeat of our Rocketeers. We believe innovation is the result of curiosity and the desire to make a difference. Innovation is a strategic imperative we use to deliver relevant offerings to help our clients stay ahead of the competition. Innovation that rapidly turns into execution is our strength.
With tens of millions of users interacting with our work every day, Bottle Rocket’s future promises continued growth in all areas of our business. If you are passionate about what you do and having fun while doing it, Bottle Rocket may be the place for you.
Bottle Rocket has been a thought leader at the intersection of transformative technology and business innovation since our inception in 2008. Headquartered in Dallas, we design and develop experiences for the Connected Customer that produce undeniable value for many of the world’s most distinguished brands. Our more than 450 award-winning experiences have set new standards in connecting people to what they want and are transforming how our clients compete and win in the marketplace. Bottle Rocket is a strategic partner within the world-wide WPP integrated communications network.
To learn more, visit us at bottlerocketstudios.com.