Lead Brand Designer
Marketing – Creative
Boulevard is reimagining the way you shop and pay for personal care services. We innovate at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle to solve the unmet needs of businesses and their clients. We believe that the right technology will help small businesses do big things; to thrive and promote prosperity, potential, and possibilities for all.
We are a community committed to creating together, vested in each other’s success. We enjoy the finer things in life and are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. We honor our past and dream big so we can anticipate tomorrow’s needs today. We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. We have an insatiable curiosity, embrace experimentation, and believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication. We are discerning about what we work on and we design every detail to maximize potential, power, and impact. We cultivate integrity and trust, always striving to deliver delight, build confidence, and earn admiration in all that we do. We treasure learning, humility, diversity, and deep relationships at every level.
If you are a high-performing individual with passion and inspires others to thrive, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you! This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a disruptive early-stage tech company poised for growth, offering its team members significant growth opportunities and generous equity packages. We have a proven product, brand-name customers, significant revenue, and are backed by leading technology investors.
We are seeking a Lead Brand Designer who is adept at leading a team to create unique social, digital and real-world creative – from producing photo shoots, to developing Boulevard collateral for our customers, to working on marketing creative and other projects with agency partners and internal teams. You will initially report directly to Boulevard's CEO (also a designer!) on creative direction, team effectiveness, and internal relationships. If you're a hands-on creative leader who can influence others across teams with direction and clear vision, this position is for you!
- Work with Marketing and Communications teams to ideate unique, shareable and stand-out creative around Boulevard campaigns, partnerships, advertising, and social channels.
- Concept and collaborate with copywriters, designers, art directors, photographers, and stakeholder leads.
- Work with product marketing managers to ensure creative concepts are on brand and strategically sound
- Lead marketing initiatives, including cohesive assets for social, email, blog, printed collateral and more.
- Work with producers to schedule deadlines, and resolve resource and delivery issues
- Define and elevate the Boulevard look and feel – and help maintain a consistent style and standards for the brand across the company. Push the quality of the work and craft forward constantly.
- Develop designs for brand partner pitches and campaigns, combining the aesthetics of both brands in an innovative way.
- Provide creative guidance to content partners/agencies/partners so assets are consistent with our brand style and guidelines.
- Guide the team in the direction, style, and methodology of work
- Experience in brand design for a major consumer brand.
- 5+ years of art direction and graphic design experience, preferably with lifestyle and consumer-focused brands.
- Have a proven track record in creative work, managing the entire life cycle of projects both internally and externally.
- Experience identifying and managing external vendors and timelines.
- An ability to prioritize business needs and internal priorities/constraints.
- Excellent proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and Keynote mandatory.
- Ability to be collaborative and flexible in working with diverse teams and with shifting priorities.
- An entrepreneurial drive in getting things done from project initiation to delivery.
- Experience working with content producers, copywriters, photographers and brand marketing leads.
- You are not a product / visual designer, brand creative is your jam. You love to tell a story with creative and how it builds upon the broader brand identity.
- You have great attention to detail, even (and especially!) on tight timelines.
- Sense of humor preferred. Ok, required.
- Scrap factor: You are not precious about design and are happiest working with a team to build bold, iconic brand creative.
- Video and motion graphic skills.
- Existing relationships with agencies and freelancers.
- Unafraid of some occasional wordsmithing
Let's do this
Drop us a line and tell us more about yourself. Haikus, side projects, and favorite GIFs are always a great conversation starter.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive.
As a venture-backed startup based in Los Angeles, we are innovating at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle. We are thoughtfully unapologetic about challenging the status quo in pursuit to help people become the best version of themselves. We use technology, design, and style to unleash the untapped potential in all of us, drive real results, and we're just getting started!
Come do the best work of your life here at Boulevard.