Software Engineer, Customer Ops
Research and Development – Engineering, Customer Support /
BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
Our engineering team has one simple but lofty goal: deliver a delightful experience to our service providers and their customers. You'll have the opportunity to build extraordinary applications that are reliable, responsive, and beautiful.
As a Customer Ops Engineer at Boulevard, you'll be our Customer Success’s go-to engineering resource. You will act within a customer-facing capacity, resolving a variety of data-driven issues that need to be immediately fixed or debugged from our “Supp Board”, our point of entry for any customer-reported issues with the software. You will have a knack for articulating the complexities of a technical problem in a simplified manner, partnering closely with our Director of Engineering to ensure support tickets are prioritized and addressed. With your strong database knowledge, along with your ability to problem-solve, you’ll play a crucial role in the company's operation and growth.
What you’ll do here:
- Manage and resolve any tickets that arrive on our “Supp Board”, actively debugging and writing scripts wherever needed.
- Act as a bridge between Customer Success and Engineering, breaking down complex problems and translating them in a way that can be conveyed to customers in a simplified manner.
- Get into the weeds of why a problem has occurred, resolving it at its source and anticipating any other use cases that may cause the issue to resurface
- Write clean, reusable, and well-tested code to automate and expedite current processes.
- Continually test, measure, and iterate on the results of your work in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Help to bridge the responsibilities of both the Sales, Customer Success, and Engineering teams.
- Build Automation and Internal Tooling that helps streamline internal processes across all teams in the organization.
- Build features into the core application that help improve the onboarding and support processes for both the Engineering and Customer Success teams.
- Build and contribute to open source projects
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: At least 4+ year of relevant experience and with a background in debugging/scripting
- CS Foundations: Strong knowledge of computer science principles
- SQL Expertise: Strong knowledge of database principles and expertise writing a variety of SQL queries
- Web Expertise: Previous live web development experience
- Effective Solution Building: Desire to shape our engineering culture by coming up with ideas, tools, and infrastructure wherever you see a problem to be solved
- API Expertise: Experience consuming APIs from an external system.
- Data Manipulator: Familiarity with techniques and tools for crawling, extracting, and processing data.
- Coding Practices: Experience with version control, open-source practices, and code review.
- Strong Communicator: Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills across both technical and nontechnical teams
- Flexibility: Experience in handling multiple deadlines for various projects
- Diving Deep: A generalist background and the ability to “go deep” anywhere in the stack
- BONUS POINTS Experience with web-scraping | Experience coding in Ruby, Elixir, React, or React Native | Complicated SQL statements role off your fingers with ease | AWS know-how along with the ability to utilize tools like Docker & containers
Within 1 month you’ll...
- Graduate from Boulevard’s platform training course
- Connect with the Support & Onboarding teams, as well as key engineering stakeholders across the company
- Learn and understand the current engineering workflow
- Learn and understand the core business objectives, areas for improvement, and become familiar with Engineering pain points & bottlenecks
Within 3 month you’ll...
- Suggest best practices and improvements for internal tooling and processes
- Effectively handle multiple deadlines for projects that vary in size from “pebbles” to “boulders”
- Help manage and deliver on tickets within our Supp Board autonomously
- Work with various departments such as Customer Success, Sales, Product, Engineering, Payments, Salesforce, ... to solve complex problems simply & elegantly
- Fully understand your contributions to the Engineering roadmap
Within 6 month you’ll...
- Be a key part of a growing team with potential leadership opportunities
- Show a clear, scalable path to effectively address enterprise client needs
- Expand your knowledge for your own career development and work on countless opportunities that have a meaningful impact to the business’ bottom line
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.