Senior Analytics Engineer
Research and Development – Engineering, Data /
BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
Our state-of-the-art booking platform is expanding its reach and as a company, we’re experiencing an exciting time of rapid growth. This also entails a huge influx of data that needs to be organized, analyzed, and visualized and we need your help. We’re seeking a Senior Analytics Engineer to support our growing data consumption needs. You’ll see the bigger data roadmap and connect our loose data points together to architect data models and visualizations to deliver business insights to push the next level of growth. You’ll serve as the centerpoint and connect and support key stakeholders across Revenue Operations, Finance, Data Engineering, and Business Operations. You’ll report insights to our executive team and board to help drive decisions.
What you'll do here:
- Improve data availability, quality, and provide reliable access to data for the business
- Contribute to our analytics infrastructure by continuing to build and extend on top of our data models while ensuring performance and maintainability
- Implement exploration tools and dashboards to help cross-functional stakeholders and the executive board gain insights for their functional area
- Deliver insights through ad hoc analyses and data extractions to resolve important business needs
- Apply software engineering best practices to the analytics workflow (ex: version control, testing)
Why you'll thrive:
- Education: A quantitatively focused education (minimum BS in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, etc.)
- Experience: 3-7 years of relevant work experience: product analysis, business intelligence analysis, data engineering, data science, KPI dashboard development, business performance analysis,
- Building Models: Plus experience designing and building predictive models using statistical and machine learning techniques
- Technical Languages: Proficiency in multiple programming languages; Java, Python, R, Tableau, SQL. Helpful: Redshift, Snowflake
- Strong Communicator: Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills across both technical and nontechnical teams
- Analytical: Impressive problem-solving, critical thinking skills, business acumen within the SaaS industry
- Timely: Able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- BONUS POINTS for prior experience at a tech start-up
Within 1 month you'll...
- Graduate from Boulevard’s platform training course
- Connect with the data team and with key data stakeholders across the company
- Learn and understand the current data workflow
- Learn and understand the core business objectives and areas for improvement
Within 2 months you'll...
- Start to suggest best practices and improvements for data infrastructure and extraction
- Start to improve data availability
- Begin to field requests and organize process for analytics requests, prioritizing recurring requests from leadership
After 3 months you’ll...
- Implement suggested improvements and best practices
- Deliver on initial analytics requests
- Show a clear, scalable path to data availability, quality, and reliable access
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.