Engineering Manager, Customer Ops
Research and Development – Engineering, Platform /
BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
Our engineering team has one simple but lofty goal: deliver a delightful experience to our service providers and their customers. You'll have the opportunity to build extraordinary applications that are reliable, responsive, and beautiful.
As a Support Engineering Manager at Boulevard, you'll oversee the interactions between our Customer Success, Support Engineering Team and the clients we serve, acting in a customer-facing capacity. You will work directly with Customer Support to triage tickets, ensure the support board is up to date, assess best practices for communicating, and build efficiencies and processes around ticket management. You will have a knack for articulating the complexities of a technical problem in a simplified manner, partnering closely with our Director of Engineering to ensure support tickets are prioritized and addressed. As a leader for the support team you’ll play a crucial role in the company's operation and growth.
What you’ll do here:
- Manage and provide guidance on how best to resolve any tickets that arrive on our “Supp Board”
- Act as a bridge between Customer Success and Engineering, breaking down complex problems and translating them in a way that can be conveyed to customers in a simplified manner.
- Create automated support approval workflows to remove process bottlenecks
- Get into the weeds of why a problem has occurred, resolving it at its source and anticipating any other use cases that may cause the issue to resurface
- Quickly distill fast-moving product requirements into tangible engineering tasks and designs
- Be a mentor to more junior engineers, conducting code reviews and lending a helping hand on tickets when necessary, while also iterating quickly
- Write clean, readable, performant, secure, and documented code
- Measure and monitor systems to make data-driven decisions; build dashboards for important metrics.
- Build and contribute to open source projects
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: At least 4+ year of relevant experience and with a background in debugging/scripting or QA along with 2+ years of management or leadership experience
- CS Foundations: Strong knowledge of computer science principles
- Flexibility: Experience in handling multiple deadlines for various projects from internal tooling to feature development in a fast-moving team environment
- Effective Solution Building: Desire to shape our engineering culture by coming up with ideas, tools, and infrastructure wherever you see a problem to be solved
- Diving Deep: A generalist background and the ability to “go deep” anywhere in the stack
- Strong Communicator: Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills across both technical and nontechnical teams
- Design Appreciation: Strong appreciation for good design
- Mentor and Mentee: Smarts, humility, communication skills, and equal willingness to teach and learn
- BONUS POINTS Experience coding in functional programming based languages | Have previously led a support engineering team | Have a background in QA
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.