Business Intelligence Engineer (SSAS)
Los Angeles / Remote /
Research and Development – Engineering, Data /
Boulevard is transforming business management for premium beauty service brands through their proprietary platform-as-a-service.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, Boulevard is the only management tool built specifically for appointment-based businesses that delivers ease of use with style and sophistication.
Founded in 2016 and based in Los Angeles, Boulevard is carefully designed to automate workflows and drive revenue while allowing brands to offer a personalized experience that keeps clients coming back.
Boulevard is looking for a Data Engineer / SSAS Developer to join our team that would be responsible for the cube that drives our platform’s customer-facing dashboards. These dashboards are critical to the appeal of our scheduling software and help our clients drive their businesses by data-backed insights. These dashboards combine data from several sources such as Salesforce, Postgres, Redshift, and flat CSV files. The data team is responsible for helping our customer support team answer questions regarding how-tos and data questions, but not the analysis of their data. We encourage self-service analysis while we field the technical questions.
You will be responsible for maintaining the cube and its integrity, adding new data sources and views of the data from our data lake and warehouse. Some key aspects that will help the data team get to the next level would be understanding SQL at an expert level, being able to handle the tabular modeling using Vertipaq Analyser, deployment of the cube using Tabular Editor, and basic dashboarding aesthetics. Some nice-to-haves would be experienced with Redshift, AWS, and Python. What you’ll have the chance to work on would be Salesforce, Data Lake, Data Architecture, Dimensional Modeling, and Automation using AWS Glue and Airflow.
This is a seasoned data engineer position that is looking for a chance to grow their skillsets and project management. We operate very autonomously and lean on each other’s strengths. We do participate in code reviews as well as SWOT analysis for proposed solutions. You will be writing code and deploying it, as we’re a very hands-on team.
- Add data to the cubes from various data sources to expose new data sets to our customers.
- Audit and optimize the cube structure and deployment on a continuous basis (using vertipaq analyzer)
- Report engine upkeep and maintain cube
- Automating the deployment of the cube, in a windows environment.
- Triage and support Customer Success with reporting questions, issues, and concerns through documentation and bug-fixing.
- Working across multiple departments to be able to communicate and articulate data reporting needs and tickets
- Very strong experience in T-SQL, SQL store procedures, data analysis
- SSAS Development Experience (3+ years)
- Advanced Performance and Tuning Skills
- In-depth knowledge of SQL
- A desire to grow and be a part of a growing team.
- Tabular Modeling experience
- End to End Cube maintenance and development
- Proficient in at least one programming language (Python, C#, etc)
Bonus Points For
- Python Familiarity
- Prior data analysis experience
- Dashboarding Experience
- AWS Familiarity
- Data Security and current issues within the data space
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive.
As a venture-backed startup based in Los Angeles, we are innovating at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle. We are thoughtfully unapologetic about challenging the status quo in pursuit to help people become the best version of themselves. We use technology, design, and style to unleash the untapped potential in all of us, drive real results, and we're just getting started!
Come do the best work of your life here at Boulevard.