Operations – Accounting /
BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
As a Payroll Specialist, you will manage the entire payroll process, including timely and accurate payroll processing and accounting. Reporting directly into Boulevard’s Senior Manager, Accounting, you will be part of the Finance & Accounting team as a key liaison between the People Team and all Boulevard employees. Be our expert in multi-state payroll tax compliance, automate manual processes, and identify areas for improvement throughout the existing payroll lifecycle.
What you’ll do here:
- Full-cycle payroll processing for a distributed remote workforce of 100+ employees.
- Perform audits of employee records to ensure tax compliance and ensure new employees are set up correctly.
- Prepare journal entries related to payroll and benefits and ensure all payroll transactions are reconciled to the correct departments and general ledger accounts timely.
- Manage garnishments, voluntary deductions, benefits, and taxes, consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Prepare information for internal/external audits.
- Research payroll tax requirements as the Company expands to new states, ensuring timely registration and account setup and ongoing compliance around reporting, auditing, and communication.
- Document processes and identify recommendations in methods and procedures to ensure proper internal controls and efficient processes within the payroll function.
- Address and respond to all payroll inquiries from employees and business leaders in a timely manner.
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: 3+ years of professional experience in multi-state Payroll
- Stakeholder Management: The ability to approach partnership to your stakeholders with a high degree of professionalism, and provide a white-glove experience to internal customers.
- Detail-Oriented: A strong focus on ensuring accuracy in all areas of your work with recognition of the sensitivity of the Payroll function within the business.
- Data Integrity: An understanding of the importance of data integrity at its source and its downstream impact.
- Analytical: Data manipulations and visualization within Microsoft Excel (i.e. Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, Filtering, and Graphs
- Systems Expertise: A proven ability to work well within HRIS and Payroll systems.
- Highly Confidential: A high degree of confidentiality regarding what information can and/or should be shared with appropriate stakeholders.
- Ultimate Professionalism: With access to the most confidential information in the company, we expect the selected candidate to hold such information in confidence without comment or judgement.
Within 1 month you’ll...
- Graduate from Boulevard’s platform training course
- Learn and understand the core business objectives and areas for improvement
- Run the company’s Exempt (Semi-Monthly) and Non-Exempt (Bi-Weekly) Payroll schedules.
- Partner with the People, Finance, and Accounting teams to pay out company bonuses and sales commissions.
- Begin maintaining the company’s Payroll Tax Compliance documents for 30+ states.
- Document areas of opportunity and improvement within the Payroll process.
Within 3 months you’ll…
- Transition all Payroll Tax Accounts onto a tax compliance system
- Document Standard Operating Procedures for recurring processes
- Start working directly with employees as a friendly face representing the Payroll team
After 6 months you’ll...
- Show a clear, scalable path to effectively address business operation needs
- Continue expanding your knowledge for your own career development and work on countless opportunities that have a meaningful impact to the business’s bottom line
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.