Technical Program Manager
Los Angeles / Remote /
Research and Development – Engineering /
BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
Our engineering team has one simple but lofty goal: deliver a delightful experience to our service providers and their customers. As a Technical Program Manager at Boulevard, you'll be responsible for ensuring successful delivery of high-quality products, be a facilitator, and be able to do whatever it takes to get the project moving forward. The position will work closely with various teams, such as engineering, operations, accounting, marketing, and product management. The TPM will seamlessly translate product vision to technical execution.
What you’ll do here:
- Manage the execution of product feature initiatives and programs with oversight throughout entire initiation, planning, and execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope and timeline
- Foster self-governance and accountability within feature teams while maintaining the information flow from team to Stakeholders
- Collaborate with engineering on process and technology decisions to create a high-performing team environment to accelerate delivery
- Ensure updates, milestones, and changes are tracked and communicated to stakeholders for assigned projects
- Proactively solve day-to-day problems and exercise good judgment, including the determination of when to escalate issues
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: 2+ years of experience managing the delivery of software development projects & 2+ years experience as an agile project manager/scrum master leading execution of complex software systems from inception to release, including definition and coordination of cadence-based deployments\
- Tools: Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and Roadmap tools
- Credibility: Education, credentials, and/or experience demonstrating a strong understanding of web and mobile technology
- Integrations: Familiarity with API design and the architecture of distributed systems
- Analytical: Impressive problem-solving, critical thinking skills, business acumen within the SaaS industry
- Timely: Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Team-Mentality: Ability to be a team player and work with other management leaders
- Strong Communicator: Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills across both technical and nontechnical teams
- Bonus Points: Prior experience at a tech start-up | Strong knowledge of Agile principles and tools with an advanced Agile certification (CSM) | Solid technical writing chops | Knowledge of GraphQL | Experience with online payment processing | Some background in programming, ideally using 3rd party APIs
Within 1 month you’ll...
- Graduate from Boulevard’s platform training course
- Serve as scrum master across 2-3 feature teams owning all agile ceremonies & artifacts
- Audit and evaluate current Agile tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.) and propose improvements
- Embed yourself within the engineering feature teams and begin to understand skill sets of each team’s roster
- Familiarize yourself with the backlog for each team and the larger product roadmap for 2021
Within 3 months you’ll…
- Track agile metrics across the 2-3 feature teams you lead which will inform team velocity and initiative planning
- Become intimately familiar with our tech stack (FE and BE)
- Lead execution of multiple feature initiatives of various scope
- Audit current team structures and overall team health
- Own bug triage setting severity and assignment across your feature teams
- Establish a communication strategy for team and project health to stakeholders
After 5 months you’ll...
- Own release management across feature teams, defining cadence and scope of every deployment
- Be a key part of a growing team with potential leadership opportunities
- Show a clear, scalable path to effectively address our future roadmap needs
- Expand your knowledge for your own career development and work on countless opportunities that have a meaningful impact to the business’ bottom line
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.