Director, Frontend Engineering
Engineering – Product Engineering
Boulevard is reimagining the way you shop and pay for personal care services. We innovate at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle to solve the unmet needs of businesses and their clients. We believe that the right technology will help small businesses do big things; to thrive and promote prosperity, potential, and possibilities for all.
We are a community committed to creating together, vested in each other’s success. We enjoy the finer things in life and are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. We honor our past and dream big so we can anticipate tomorrow’s needs today. We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. We have an insatiable curiosity, embrace experimentation, and believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication. We are discerning about what we work on and we design every detail to maximize potential, power, and impact. We cultivate integrity and trust, always striving to deliver delight, build confidence, and earn admiration in all that we do. We treasure learning, humility, diversity, and deep relationships at every level.
If you are a high-performing individual with passion and inspires others to thrive, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you! This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a disruptive early-stage tech company poised for growth, offering its team members significant growth opportunities and generous equity packages. We have a proven product, brand-name customers, significant revenue, and are backed by leading technology investors.
Our engineering team has one simple but lofty goal: deliver a delightful experience to our service providers and their customers. You'll have the opportunity to build extraordinary applications that are reliable, fast, responsive, and beautiful.
We are building extremely complicated single page applications which need to scale to millions of users. We pride ourselves with the patience to build the best solution and not the easiest. Our code is maintainable, expressive and elegant. We often ship several changes to our applications daily and test multiple versions simultaneously.
- Collaborate with a small yet extraordinarily talented team of engineers to implement front-end technologies to acquire customers, increase conversion and engagement
- Work closely with the Design and Product teams to translate complex technical workflows into delightful user experiences
- Define how Boulevard builds user interfaces and ensure that we’re utilizing and keeping up with modern web standards
- Continually test, measure, and iterate on the results of your work in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Write clean, reusable, and well-tested front-end code
- Help to bridge the responsibilities of the Design and Engineering teams, spending time with both on the way to launching new products
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems that drive complex web applications
- Build and contribute to open source projects
- Experience in building large-scale web applications in a fast-moving team environment
- A strong understanding of UX and UI design standards
- The perfectionist’s touch on a pragmatist’s deadline: you strive for pixel-perfection and intuitive functionality
- The ability to bring any design to life with HTML and CSS, with cross browser compatibility and accessibility
- A comfort in using tools like Sketch or Photoshop to tweak and export assets from our Design team
- Smarts, humility, communication skills, and equal willingness to teach and learn
- Demonstrated work beyond the front-end, experienced in integrating with a wide array of back-end technologies and services
- You can straddle client and server development, creating APIs that drive web apps
- Experience constructing data visualizations using libraries like D3.js
- You nerd out making things animate with SVG, Paper.js, Three.js, Canvas, or WebGL
- Experience with Stripe or processing credit cards
- You understand the intricacies of timezones
- Web optimization, performance tools, and load testing
- You maintain or contribute to an open source project
Current Front-End Technologies
- The best tool for the job
Let's do this
Drop us a line and tell us more about yourself. GitHub links, side projects, and favorite GIFs are always a great conversation starter.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive.
As a venture-backed startup based in Los Angeles, we are innovating at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle. We are thoughtfully unapologetic about challenging the status quo in pursuit to help people become the best version of themselves. We use technology, design, and style to unleash the untapped potential in all of us, drive real results, and we're just getting started!
Come do the best work of your life here at Boulevard.