IT Manager / Infrastructure Engineering
Los Angeles / Remote /
Research and Development – Engineering, Cloud /
BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
As an IT Manager with involvement in our infrastructure department at Boulevard, you will be responsible for managing all our end user support needs. Helping to troubleshoot employee laptop issues, managing user/group access, working to keep the company safe with anti-virus/anti-malware administration, and playing an important role in making sure our company can function effectively and securely. You must also have a desire to go beyond your current scope of knowledge. Being directly integrated with our Infrastructure department on a variety of projects you must have a keen interest in being able to quickly pick up & utilize technologies such as Terraform, AWS, and YAML.
What you’ll do here:
- Administer employee workstations, networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Troubleshoot and resolve end user-support issues pertaining to email services, user/group management, Okta integrations, and other SaaS services
- Work directly with our Senior Cloud Engineers to solve junior devops/cloud related tasks
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: 3+ years of experience working in IT/Systems Administration
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, CyberSecurity, or related field
- Self Starter: The ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision or direction
- High Quality Communicator: Top notch negotiator, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Timely: Able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Career Goals: The drive to take the next step in your career and follow a structured career growth plan all the way from IT → Sr. Cloud Engineer
- BONUS POINTS for prior experience programming in Terraform or YAML | Experience at a tech start-up
Within 1 month you’ll...
- Graduate from Boulevard’s platform training course
- Connect with the engineering team and key employee management stakeholders across the company
- Learn and understand the core business objectives and areas for improvement
Within 3 months you’ll…
- Suggest best practices and improvements for IT infrastructure and issues
- Help develop an internal app store where users can download needed platforms/applications internally
- Begin to pick up and learn new tools and technologies for your own career growth
After 6 months you’ll...
- Be a key part of a growing team with potential leadership opportunities
- Show a clear, scalable path to effectively address business operation needs
- Continue expanding your knowledge for your own career development and work on countless opportunities that have a meaningful impact to the business’ bottom line
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.