Senior Data Steward
Research and Development – Engineering, Data /
BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
As Boulevard evolves/grows and our output of data from a multitude of sources continues to increase, we’ll need you to be a central component of shaping and tracking our data availability and quality across the company. This is a critical position that will enable us to achieve our objective of becoming truly data-driven. You will build out and maintain our Enterprise Data Catalog platform and ensure that it becomes the go-to reference for all that need data. With a background that includes governance exposure, such as CCPA and GDPR, you will also manage access levels and data propagation, and establish guidelines and best practices regarding how that data is displayed and utilized.
This is an excellent opportunity to be the one to set the tone around data quality and governance at Boulevard and from there, eventually build out a team that will support Boulevard’s growing data needs for years to come. This position will require considerable interaction with personnel across all aspects and levels of the company. Your diplomatic skills will be tested, as you set expectations around competing needs and the typical security vs. convenience arguments. As we move the organization towards a data self-service model, how well that succeeds will be heavily influenced by the person in this position.
What you’ll do here:
- Implement, maintain and continually improve the Enterprise Data Catalog in a manner that accurately reflects the state of data within the organization
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality and data protection standards and metrics across the organization
- Streamline Data Stewardship processes and work flows to increase efficiency and security
- Continuously communicate with all aspects of the organization to discover new data sources and bring them under the umbrella of Data Stewardship
- Assist with implementing initiatives such as a data management roadmap, data quality programs, and data retention policies
- Build, maintain, and continuously improve data management documentation, training and communication materials
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: 3+ years of experience in Data Stewardship, Data Governance, Metadata Management, Business Intelligence, or Data Analysis
- Capturing Requirements: 2+ years of experience capturing and documenting complex business and functional requirements
- Data Catalog Expertise: Prior experience with Enterprise Data Catalog products (such as Atlan, data.world, Alation) preferred
- Data Familiarity: Familiarity with Database and Data Warehouse systems (such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redshift, Snowflake) preferred
- BI/Reporting Familiarity: Familiarity with BI/Reporting platforms (such as Looker, Tableau) preferred
- Database Exposure: 2+ years of experience writing SQL queries
- Strong Communicator: Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills across both technical and non-technical teams
- Analytical: Impressive problem-solving, critical thinking skills, business acumen within the SaaS industry
- Timely: Able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Data Compliance/Privacy Experience: Prior exposure to privacy regulations such as GDPR and CCPA, along with an understanding of PII expectations, is highly desired
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.