Research and Development – Engineering
Boulevard is transforming business management for premium beauty service brands through their proprietary platform-as-a-service.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, Boulevard is the only management tool built specifically for appointment-based businesses that delivers ease of use with style and sophistication.
Founded in 2016 and based in Los Angeles, Boulevard is carefully designed to automate workflows and drive revenue while allowing brands to offer a personalized experience that keeps clients coming back.
- Create and maintain a greenfield payments platform.
- Participate in team planning meetings and collaborate on roadmap planning.
- Own new features from design, development, to production.
- Write clean and readable code, including appropriate unit test coverage. Preferably employing TDD.
- Perform code reviews to maintain a high bar for code quality while also iterating quickly.
- Work in fast paced, multifunctional, and collaborative teams.
- Have an interest in or aptitude for learning functional programming (Elixir) even if coming from an OOP background.
- Experience building large-scale web applications in a fast-moving team environment.
- Experience designing and implementing APIs.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (we use PostgreSQL).
- Smarts, humility, communication skills, and equal willingness to teach and learn.
- Desire to shape our engineering culture by coming up with ideas, tools, and infrastructure wherever you see a problem to be solved.
- Experience building and maintaining a PayFac or any other form of payments platform.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- You maintain or contribute to an open source project.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive.
As a venture-backed startup based in Los Angeles, we are innovating at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle. We are thoughtfully unapologetic about challenging the status quo in pursuit to help people become the best version of themselves. We use technology, design, and style to unleash the untapped potential in all of us, drive real results, and we're just getting started!
Come do the best work of your life here at Boulevard.