Software Engineer: Platform
Engineering – Product Engineering
Boulevard is reimagining the way you shop and pay for personal care services. We innovate at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle to solve the unmet needs of businesses and their clients. We believe that the right technology will help small businesses do big things; to thrive and promote prosperity, potential, and possibilities for all.
We are a community committed to creating together, vested in each other’s success. We enjoy the finer things in life and are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. We honor our past and dream big so we can anticipate tomorrow’s needs today. We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. We have an insatiable curiosity, embrace experimentation, and believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication. We are discerning about what we work on and we design every detail to maximize potential, power, and impact. We cultivate integrity and trust, always striving to deliver delight, build confidence, and earn admiration in all that we do. We treasure learning, humility, diversity, and deep relationships at every level.
If you are a high-performing individual with passion and inspires others to thrive, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you! This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a disruptive early-stage tech company poised for growth, offering its team members significant growth opportunities and generous equity packages. We have a proven product, brand-name customers, significant revenue, and are backed by leading technology investors.
Our engineering team has one simple but lofty goal: deliver a delightful experience to our service providers and their customers. You'll have the opportunity to build extraordinary applications that are massive, scalable, and highly available.
Our platform consists primarily of a thoughtfully crafted Elixir/OTP application, encapsulating all our business logic and enabling innovation and iteration around our products. We are looking for highly proficient software engineers who are passionate about creating elegant solutions to complicated problems.
As a Platform Software Engineer at Boulevard, you will be responsible for designing and building the core services that power Boulevard. You'll have direct impact on the product roadmap, regularly collaborating with the Design and Product teams to architect the best solutions, not the easiest. We pride ourselves on using the best technology for the job, maintaining high code quality while iterating with extreme speed, and sharing learnings along the way (both internally and externally).
- Collaborate with a small yet extraordinarily talented team of engineers to implement systems to acquire customers, increase conversion and engagement
- Own projects from end-to-end: from design, through development, to production
- Quickly distill fast-moving product requirements into tangible engineering tasks and designs
- Write clean, readable, performant, secure, and documented code
- Perform QA on your own work, write automated tests, and optimize your code
- Do code reviews to maintain high code quality, while also iterating quickly
- Measure and monitor systems to make data-driven decisions; build dashboards for important metrics.
- Build and contribute to open source projects
- Experience in building large-scale web applications in a fast-moving team environment
- Strong knowledge of computer science principles
- A generalist background and the ability to “go deep” anywhere in the stack
- Pride for the work you do and care deeply about the products which consume your services
- Working in highly performant and collaborative teams
- Strong appreciation for good design
- Smarts, humility, communication skills, and equal willingness to teach and learn
- Desire to shape our engineering culture by coming up with ideas, tools, and infrastructure wherever you see a problem to be solved
- Demonstrated work beyond the back-end, experienced in creating front-end interfaces or architecting server infrastructure
- You love data and have implemented data stores
- Built, documented, and monitored a public API platform
- Experience building PCI and HIPPA compliant systems
- You maintain or contribute to an open source project
Current Platform Technologies
- Continuous integration
- End-to-end integration testing
- AWS (Terraform & Fargate for deployment)
- The best tool for the job
Let's do this
Drop us a line and tell us more about yourself. GitHub links, side projects, and favorite GIFs are always a great conversation starter.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive.
As a venture-backed startup based in Los Angeles, we are innovating at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle. We are thoughtfully unapologetic about challenging the status quo in pursuit to help people become the best version of themselves. We use technology, design, and style to unleash the untapped potential in all of us, drive real results, and we're just getting started!
Come do the best work of your life here at Boulevard.