Finance – Accounting
Boulevard is reimagining the way you shop and pay for personal care services. We innovate at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle to solve the unmet needs of businesses and their clients. We believe that the right technology will help small businesses do big things; to thrive and promote prosperity, potential, and possibilities for all.
We are a community committed to creating together, vested in each other’s success. We enjoy the finer things in life and are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. We honor our past and dream big so we can anticipate tomorrow’s needs today. We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. We have an insatiable curiosity, embrace experimentation, and believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication. We are discerning about what we work on and we design every detail to maximize potential, power, and impact. We cultivate integrity and trust, always striving to deliver delight, build confidence, and earn admiration in all that we do. We treasure learning, humility, diversity, and deep relationships at every level.
If you are a high-performing individual with passion and inspires others to thrive, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you! This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a disruptive early-stage tech company poised for growth, offering its team members significant growth opportunities and generous equity packages. We have a proven product, brand-name customers, significant revenue, and are backed by leading technology investors.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager will report to the VP of Finance and Operations and will be responsible for owning and developing our financial reporting and general accounting systems. This person will be critical in helping our company to develop, implement, and maintain accounting policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly-end accounting close including the coordination and review of foreign entity close
- Review monthly and quarterly journal entries and account reconciliations for areas as assigned, ensuring high work product and level of detail
- Prepare annual and quarterly financial statements; assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable
- Owning the Statutory Audit of foreign entities, and income tax filing process of the entity
- Assess, research and document appropriate US GAAP treatment for various transactions within the business
- Implement process improvement for “procure-to-pay” process flow
- Maintaining the general ledger system
- Develop, implement, and maintain internal financial controls and procedures.
- Identify risks, implement controls, and maintain proper process documentation and evidence in accordance with SOX
- Initiating policy review of ASC 842 and roll out of the standard change include review with Auditors
- Manage and develop staff of three individuals
- Lead ad hoc projects and work as part of a cross-functional team
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in accounting or finance
- 6+ years' as accounting professional with 1+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrated interest in building systems and processes from the ground up
- Experience with SAP, BPC, or large ERP systems
- CPA designation
- Strong skills in organization, detail, project management, and communications
- An engaging personality and commitment to working with a diverse staff
Bonus Points For
- Prior experience at a startup
- Big 4 experience
- Experience in Netsuite, Solium, Concur
Let's do this
Drop us a line and tell us more about yourself. Haikus, side projects, and favorite GIFs are always a great conversation starter.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive.
As a venture-backed startup based in Los Angeles, we are innovating at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle. We are thoughtfully unapologetic about challenging the status quo in pursuit to help people become the best version of themselves. We use technology, design, and style to unleash the untapped potential in all of us, drive real results, and we're just getting started!
Come do the best work of your life here at Boulevard.