Senior Accounting Manager
Los Angeles / Remote /
Operations – Accounting /
BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
As an Accounting Manager at Boulevard, you will report to the CFO and will be responsible for managing our accounting team. You will be critical in helping our company to develop, implement, and maintain accounting policies and procedures to ensure internal controls. You will conduct audits and own a variety of accounting-related tasks, which will help monitor the financial health of the company. As a strong communicator and analyst, you will help streamline a variety of reporting processes. You will not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and will flourish in a quickly changing environment. With your deep understanding of both startup culture and accounting, Boulevard will be able to continually grow as a compliant and properly reported company financial results.
What you’ll do here:
- Establish and maintain a routine monthly accounting close within agreed-upon deadlines, including all account reconciliations
- Help to ensure that policies, procedures, and internal controls are well understood and complied with across the organization
- Provide accounting leadership and direction to the growing Accounting team
- Manage revenue recognition processes under ASC606
- Lead annual external audit including preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Work closely with the People Operations team on hourly and salary payroll, ran multiple times per month
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Education: BA/BS degree or higher
- Experience: 7 to 12 years of progressive experience in accounting and audit
- Certifications: CPA certification, ASC 606 knowledge
- Knowledge of payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functionsBig 4 public accounting experience
- Detailed: A high regard for being detail-oriented with excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Expert Communicator: Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Leader and Team Player: A strong ability to delegate and mentor, demonstrating a team-oriented mentality
- BONUS POINTS for prior experience at a startup
Within 1 month you’ll...
- Familiarize yourself with Boulevard’s Chart of Accounts and NetSuite instance
- Meet with leadership to gain an understanding of companywide operations
- Meet with audit partner to plan 2020 audit schedule
Within 3 month you’ll...
- Define and plan the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting cadence
- Ensure structure of balance sheet and revenue supporting schedules are in place
- Plan with finance team on process for incorporating results into analyses
- Define a plan for reporting on international results
Within 6 month you’ll...
- Develop a long-term strategy for the structure and operations of the accounting function
- Separate the GL, AP, and AR functions with appropriate staff
- Create a model for periodically evaluating the company’s revenue recognition policies
- Develop a model for evaluating the accounting treatment for M&A opportunities
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.