React Native Mobile Developer
Los Angeles / Remote /
Research and Development – Engineering, Front End /
BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
As a React Native Mobile Developer you’ll sit at the intersection of Design, Product, and Engineering as we build a beautiful and intuitive interface to power local commerce. You’ll utilize your expert knowledge of mobile development with your eye for stunning designs to produce unrivaled user experiences and get our native mobile application up to parity with our web application.
We pride ourselves with the patience to build the best solution and not the easiest. We are looking for highly proficient software engineers who are passionate about creating elegant solutions, solving complicated problems, maintaining high code quality with speed, and sharing learnings along the way (both internally and externally).
What you’ll do here:
- Collaborate with an extraordinarily talented team of engineers to implement mobile technologies to acquire customers, increase conversion, and foster greater engagement
- Work closely with the Design and Product teams to translate complex technical workflows into delightful user experiences
- Quickly distill fast-moving product requirements into tangible engineering tasks and designs
- Write clean, readable, performant, secure, and documented code
- Perform QA on your own work, write automated tests, and optimize your code
- Do code reviews to maintain high code quality, while also iterating quickly
- Measure and monitor systems to make data-driven decisions; build dashboards for important metrics.
- Build and contribute to open source projects
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Programming Experience: Have at least 3+ years of programming experience
- React Expert: Must have real-world experience with React/React-Native/TypeScript
- CS Foundations: Strong knowledge of computer science principles
- Dive Deep: A generalist background and the ability to “go deep” anywhere in the stack
- Pride in the work: Pride for the work you do and care deeply about the products which consume your services
- Team Player: Working in highly performant and collaborative teams
- Design Appreciation: Strong appreciation for good design
- Mentor and Mentee: Smarts, humility, communication skills, and equal willingness to teach and learn
- Building Solutions: Desire to shape our engineering culture by coming up with ideas, tools, and infrastructure wherever you see a problem to be solved
- BONUS POINTS for demonstrating work beyond the front-end, experienced in integrating with a wide array of back-end technologies and services | Loving data and having implemented data stores | Built, documented, and monitored a public API platform | Experience building PCI and HIPAA compliant systems | You maintain or contribute to an open-source project
- React / React Native
- The best tool for the job
Within 1 month you’ll...
- Graduate from Boulevard’s platform training course
- Connect with key engineering and product stakeholders across the company
- Learn and understand the current engineering workflow
- Learn and understand the core business objectives, areas for improvement, and become familiar with customer pain points & feature requests
Within 3 month you’ll...
- Work to get our native mobile application up to parity with our web application
- Contribute to expanding our checkout experience, helping build solutions that integrate directly with payment hardware and anticipate new payment flows through services such as Apple or Google Pay
- Suggest best practices and improvements for internal tooling and processes
- Help design and build the core services that power Boulevard
- Fully understand your contributions to the Engineering roadmap
Within 6 month you’ll...
- Be a key part of a growing team with potential leadership opportunities
- Show a clear, scalable path to effectively address our future roadmap needs, while expanding platform functionality
- Expand your knowledge for your own career development and work on countless opportunities that have a meaningful impact to the business’ bottom line, such as working with our backend, infrastructure, data, or payments teams
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.