Senior DevOps Engineer
Los Angeles / Remote /
Research and Development – Engineering, Cloud /
BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
Our engineering team has one simple but lofty goal: deliver a delightful experience to our service providers and their customers. You'll have the opportunity to build an extraordinary platform that is massive, scalable, and highly available.
As a DevOps Engineer at Boulevard, you will be responsible for designing and building the scalable platform that allows the rest of our team to move quickly & efficiently. This role will be a part of a team that oversees our core infrastructure needs, which includes our AWS environments, Site Reliability, CI/CD, and Security & Compliance. Through a combination of open source and proprietary in-house technologies, you'll lead the way in shaping how Boulevard embraces the cloud, and all the various facets that go along with security & compliance. You'll also have hands-on experience in monitoring our high-throughput payments processing infrastructure.
What you’ll do here:
- Work closely with all infrastructure, engineering and customer service teams to ensure services are available 24/7, taking part in a weekly rotation schedule.
- Develop and implement systems featuring high-availability, horizontal scalability, and self-healing capabilities, focusing on quality and attention to detail
- Design and implement policies for security, logging, and monitoring of the serving system
- Provide senior level guidance and support to other DevOps Engineers
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations via automation, as well as research and implement new ways to make our system more efficient
- Take part in the recruitment process as we continue to scale the DevOps team.
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: 6+ years of experience working on large scalable platforms
- AWS: Strong professional experience with Amazon cloud VPCs, bastion hosts, VPNs, and tools like Fargate, Aurora, and Redshift
- Terraform: Strong experience utilizing Terraform in infrastructure production
- Network and Architecture: An understanding of network security protocols and architecture (SSH, GPG, YubiKeys, Interested about PCI & HIPAA? We're going all out.)
- Continuous Integration: Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as CircleCI and CodePipeline
- Routing: Knowledge of Application routing (DNS, Application Load Balancers, Network Load Balancers), Logging & Metrics routing & review
- Containers: Experience using container tools like Docker, Elastic Container Registry, ECS Fargate, EKS / Kubernetes
- BONUS POINTS for experience building PCI, HIPAA, and GDPR compliant systems | An understanding of the complexity of being an organization with International Clients | You maintain or contribute to an open-source project
Within 1 month you’ll...
- Graduate from Boulevard’s platform training course
- Connect with the engineering team and key stakeholders across the company
- Learn and understand the current Cloud/DevOps/Infrastructure/Security workflows
- Learn and understand the core business objectives and areas for improvement
Within 3 months you’ll…
- Start to suggest best practices and improvements for cloud related infrastructure and processes
- Manage, design, build, and maintain the infrastructure on top of AWS
- Maintain site reliability & observability, while addressing questions regarding our memory utilization and database capacity.
- Aid in monitoring and reporting on strict security and compliance regulations, familiarizing yourself with the nuances of a PCI level I compliant organization
After 6 months you’ll...
- Be a key part of a growing team with potential leadership opportunities
- Show a clear, scalable path to effectively address our future roadmap needs
- Expand your knowledge for your own career development and work on countless opportunities that have a meaningful impact to the business’ bottom line
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.