Lead Software Engineer, Payments
Los Angeles /
Research and Development – Engineering /
Boulevard is transforming business management for premium beauty service brands through their proprietary platform-as-a-service.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, Boulevard is the only management tool built specifically for appointment-based businesses that delivers ease of use with style and sophistication.
Founded in 2016 and based in Los Angeles, Boulevard is carefully designed to automate workflows and drive revenue while allowing brands to offer a personalized experience that keeps clients coming back.
Our engineering team has one simple but lofty goal: deliver a delightful experience to our service providers and their customers. You'll have the opportunity to build extraordinary applications that are massive, scalable, and highly available.
A critical component of our technology offering revolves around payments processing. As a leader in our payments processing infrastructure, you will be responsible for designing and building the core services to run payments processing at scale. You'll have direct impact on the product roadmap, regularly collaborating with the Infrastructure and Product teams to architect the best solutions, not the easiest. We pride ourselves on using the best technology for the job, maintaining high code quality while iterating with extreme speed, and sharing learnings along the way (both internally and externally).
- Have at least 5 years of experience as an engineer
- Live and breathe all the nuances of payments processing (interchange fees, chargeback disputes, EMV Chip Readers, etc)
- Collaborate with a small yet extraordinarily talented team of engineers to implement systems to deliver a delightful commerce-based product.
- Design and develop software interfaces, microservices, and/or system abstractions to allow our teams to move quickly & efficiently
- Build & implement robust, fault-tolerant, global payments platform.
- Measure and monitor systems to make data-driven decisions; build dashboards for important metrics.
- Build and contribute to open source projects
- Complicated SQL statements roll off your fingertips with ease
- You've interfaced with payments processing systems other than Stripe
- Strong knowledge of computer science principles
- Smarts, humility, communication skills, and equal willingness to teach and learn
- Experience building PCI and/or HIPAA compliant systems
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive.
As a venture-backed startup based in Los Angeles, we are innovating at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle. We are thoughtfully unapologetic about challenging the status quo in pursuit to help people become the best version of themselves. We use technology, design, and style to unleash the untapped potential in all of us, drive real results, and we're just getting started!
Come do the best work of your life here at Boulevard.