Lead Software Engineer, Payments
Los Angeles / Remote /
Sourcing - R&D – Engineering, Payments /
BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Our engineering team has one simple but lofty goal: deliver a delightful experience to our service providers and their customers. You'll have the opportunity to build extraordinary applications that are massive, scalable, and highly available.
A critical component of our technology offering revolves around payments processing. As a leader in our payments processing infrastructure, you will be responsible for designing and building the core services to run payments processing at scale. You'll have direct impact on the product roadmap, regularly collaborating with the Infrastructure and Product teams to architect the best solutions, not the easiest. We pride ourselves on using the best technology for the job, maintaining high code quality while iterating with extreme speed, and sharing learnings along the way (both internally and externally).
- Have at least 5 years of experience as an engineer
- Live and breathe all the nuances of payments processing (interchange fees, chargeback disputes, EMV Chip Readers, etc)
- Collaborate with a small yet extraordinarily talented team of engineers to implement systems to deliver a delightful commerce-based product.
- Design and develop software interfaces, microservices, and/or system abstractions to allow our teams to move quickly & efficiently
- Build & implement robust, fault-tolerant, global payments platform.
- Measure and monitor systems to make data-driven decisions; build dashboards for important metrics.
- Build and contribute to open source projects
- Complicated SQL statements roll off your fingertips with ease
- You've interfaced with payments processing systems other than Stripe
- Strong knowledge of computer science principles
- Smarts, humility, communication skills, and equal willingness to teach and learn
- Experience building PCI and/or HIPAA compliant systems
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.