Director, Content Strategy
Marketing – Content
Boulevard is reimagining the way you shop and pay for personal care services. We innovate at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle to solve the unmet needs of businesses and their clients. We believe that the right technology will help small businesses do big things; to thrive and promote prosperity, potential, and possibilities for all.
We are a community committed to creating together, vested in each other’s success. We enjoy the finer things in life and are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. We honor our past and dream big so we can anticipate tomorrow’s needs today. We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. We have an insatiable curiosity, embrace experimentation, and believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication. We are discerning about what we work on and we design every detail to maximize potential, power, and impact. We cultivate integrity and trust, always striving to deliver delight, build confidence, and earn admiration in all that we do. We treasure learning, humility, diversity, and deep relationships at every level.
If you are a high-performing individual with passion and inspires others to thrive, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you! This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a disruptive early-stage tech company poised for growth, offering its team members significant growth opportunities and generous equity packages. We have a proven product, brand-name customers, significant revenue, and are backed by leading technology investors.
We are seeking a devoted content strategist with 5+ years of experience in building compelling content that tells a great story.
You are a strategic thinker with a holistic understanding of how voice and tone are essential to brand communications and brand perception overall. You are a meticulous and pragmatic editor, and know how to produce work that effectively balances speed and quality. You have experience working collaboratively across departments to develop memorable and effective campaigns that work across online touchpoints, including email, display ads, social media, in-product, sales collateral, and video.
We are focused on two different yet intersecting worlds: beauty and technology. You should have a passion for and experience with these important parts of our business that is equal to your passion for storytelling and digital content.
- Own the end-to-end customer narrative for selling both the product and idea of Boulevard – your audience is made of small business owners who want to revolutionize their business and deliver unprecedented care to their important clients
- Spearhead collaborative cross-functional teams comprised of Marketing, Product, and proactive Customer Success members to create compelling copy and content to support B2B campaigns and goals
- Liaise between internal and external creative resources to develop content for a wide range of programs, including lifecycle emails, sales collateral, social media, digital education, blogs, videos, events, and more
- As a B2B brand steward, help ensure we communicate across all marketing touchpoints with one voice, look and feel
- Harness research to inform solutions that balance audience needs with business goals
- Quickly adapt to last-minute asks and changing timelines
- Lead, mentor, and drive a team of content strategists to exceed defined content marketing goals
- Experience developing content strategy that successfully grew brand equity
- A portfolio of compelling brand storytelling distributed across a variety of formats and channels
- An ability to prioritize and manage a large number of content initiatives simultaneously
- Experience leading content inventories and audits, competitive audits and secondary research in order to make recommendations on content standards, information architecture, suggested improvements, and content gaps
- Experience working with both internal and external creative resources – you know what to look for in selecting the best resources for each project, with an eye to getting great work to market quickly
- A leadership style that is authentic, objective, empathetic and inspiring, approaching management as an opportunity to encourage people to develop their strengths and make an impact
- A natural affinity for building influence in cross-functional partnerships and building a path to success for you and your team
- A personality that thrives in a flat, dynamic organization where you can use lightweight processes, creative ideas and quick iteration to have a huge impact
- Passion about your craft, and will be excited about staying hands-on with content development and execution
- An opinion on the oxford comma
Bonus Points For
- Prior experience at a startup
- Deep familiarity with the salon and beauty space and the customer frustrations therein
Let's do this
Drop us a line and tell us more about yourself. Haikus, side projects, and favorite GIFs are always a great conversation starter.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive.
As a venture-backed startup based in Los Angeles, we are innovating at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle. We are thoughtfully unapologetic about challenging the status quo in pursuit to help people become the best version of themselves. We use technology, design, and style to unleash the untapped potential in all of us, drive real results, and we're just getting started!
Come do the best work of your life here at Boulevard.