Operations – Accounting /
BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join the Finance & Accounting team. Reporting to our Senior Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for all day-to-day accounting activities, preparing and maintaining financial books and records, as well as working cross-functionally with all departments to support the business. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment, and is highly motivated.
What you’ll do here:
- Responsible for monthly financial closing activities, procedures, journal entries, and account reconciliations (including but not limited to prepaids, fixed assets, accruals, and operating expenses)
- Review and reconcile bank and credit card accounts
- Assist with the A/P function by obtaining approvals, processing invoices from vendors, properly coding expenses, and maintaining A/P files and W-9’s
- Collaborate with internal departments to gather, analyze, and interpret relevant financial information
- Ensure that financial information complies with professional and regulatory standards
- Assist in improving, developing, and documenting accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Work cross-functionally with other groups within the organization to drive the implementation and adoption of new technologies and processes
- Support external audit engagements, including providing supporting documentation
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: 4+ years of accounting experience - in private and/or public accounting
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Technical Skills: Strong and demonstrated knowledge of GAAP, month-end close processes, operational accounting procedures, and financial reporting
- Technology: Experience with major ERP systems (e.g. NetSuite) and Bill.com or similar expense platforms is a plus
- Self Starter: The ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision or direction
- High-Quality Communicator: Top-notch negotiator, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Timely: Able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Competencies: Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- V-Lookup is Life: Highly proficient in Excel
- Career Goals: The drive to take the next step in your career and follow a structured career growth plan
- Accounting Expertise: Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- BONUS POINTS Previous experience at a tech start-up | CPA license
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.