Sr. Cloud Engineer
Los Angeles /
Research and Development – Engineering /
Boulevard is transforming business management for premium beauty service brands through their proprietary platform-as-a-service.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, Boulevard is the only management tool built specifically for appointment-based businesses that delivers ease of use with style and sophistication.
Founded in 2016 and based in Los Angeles, Boulevard is carefully designed to automate workflows and drive revenue while allowing brands to offer a personalized experience that keeps clients coming back.
Boulevard is in search of a Sr. Cloud Engineer who can seamlessly mesh cloud tech know-how with business acumen to help us navigate our organization’s our cloud computing needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support and planning, and everything in between. Not only are you experienced in cloud-based tech, but you have a firm grasp of SaaS technologies, platforms and applications, and have intimate knowledge of how best to customize these attributes to our business to help us build our platform to become more secure and efficient. Not only can you help us connect the dots and evolve our capabilities over time, but you’re also evolving your own capabilities as an engineer and keeping an eye on developments that can support our expansion—and help us implement those, too.
- Working in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Planning, designing and developing cloud-based infrastructure that will run our services.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with PCI and HIPAA regulations.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Work with the rest of the Cloud Infrastructure team to develop best practices for our Backend Services Engineering teams.
- Implementing native AWS services Orchestrating and automating services throughout the company.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Experience working with AWS Native Services such as AWS ECS Fargate and Aurora.
- Experience working in PCI and HIPAA compliant environments a plus.
- Three or more years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST, GraphQL, and RPC.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect a plus, but not required.
- Two or more years’ experience in developing software using languages such as Python, Elixir, or Node.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, secure software development and system engineering.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive.
As a venture-backed startup based in Los Angeles, we are innovating at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle. We are thoughtfully unapologetic about challenging the status quo in pursuit to help people become the best version of themselves. We use technology, design, and style to unleash the untapped potential in all of us, drive real results, and we're just getting started!
Come do the best work of your life here at Boulevard.