Director, Product Marketing
Marketing – Product Marketing
Boulevard is reimagining the way you shop and pay for personal care services. We innovate at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle to solve the unmet needs of businesses and their clients. We believe that the right technology will help small businesses do big things; to thrive and promote prosperity, potential, and possibilities for all.
We are a community committed to creating together, vested in each other’s success. We enjoy the finer things in life and are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. We honor our past and dream big so we can anticipate tomorrow’s needs today. We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. We have an insatiable curiosity, embrace experimentation, and believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication. We are discerning about what we work on and we design every detail to maximize potential, power, and impact. We cultivate integrity and trust, always striving to deliver delight, build confidence, and earn admiration in all that we do. We treasure learning, humility, diversity, and deep relationships at every level.
If you are a high-performing individual with passion and inspires others to thrive, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you! This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a disruptive early-stage tech company poised for growth, offering its team members significant growth opportunities and generous equity packages. We have a proven product, brand-name customers, significant revenue, and are backed by leading technology investors.
Product Marketing at Boulevard
At Boulevard, we take a product-first and customer-focused approach in all we do and believe in building the best solutions together - with our customers, partners, and employees. Our company is a highly collaborative environment that encourages our employees to blaze new trails with thoughtful ingenuity, to never shy away from challenges and to work hard and have fun doing it. Within the Product team at Boulevard, Product Marketing represents the voice of the customer both internally and externally and leads collaboratively across functions to tie together Product, Marketing, and Sales. Product Marketing is responsible for driving comprehensive go-to-market strategies, positioning and messaging across all markets, industries, customer segments, and sales channels.
If you've been looking for a dynamic Product Marketing leadership role that combines your proven abilities in B2B go-to-market strategy with your strong communication and positioning skills, you may be a perfect fit for our Director, Product Marketing role. You’ll be able to drive high-impact initiatives across the company alongside talented and driven individuals. You will lead global go-to-market strategy for our products and services; strategize and create product launch plans, and then oversee cross-functional implementation across the organization. It will be your responsibility to create differentiated product messaging and positioning for all of Boulevard's products and services. You will own customer and market research initiatives that inform global product portfolio strategy. You will provide thought leadership through demonstrated knowledge of the industry, target market and customer insight. You will collaborate with Product Management to ensure products objectives align with the target market and to package product offerings to be successfully launched and monetized.
- Partner with Product Management, Marketing, and Sales teams to align efforts and effectively position and message our products by demonstrating unique value propositions to our customer segments across global markets
- Be the voice of the customer within the organization and expert on target market and customer segments
- Build and manage a team of direct reports
- Collaborate closely within the Product team to intimately understand the vision and business objectives for our products
- Drive Marketing product launch strategies and plans
- Identify opportunities to accelerate product adoption and usage
- Provide guidance to the Content Team who will be tasked with the copywriting of these assets and the Creative Team who will design these assets.
- Work with cross-departmental stakeholders
- Build on existing buyer and user personas and champion the use of these personas across the organization
- Build out and manage a repository for industry research, customer insights, and competitive analysis/playbook and establish communication plans to effectively socialize across the organization
- Help drive market research initiatives including the ability to identify RFP, recommend, and manage agency resources
- Provide strategic guidance and collaborate with Marketing teams on development and execution of marketing plans
- Serve as a stakeholder in determining product pricing and packaging strategy
- Track and report results on an ongoing basis
- Deliver key metrics to leadership on the strategy behind go-to-market and provide insights into future strategic positioning
- Be a charismatic influencer and a key member of the Boulevard team as we drive forward toward expansion and new product endeavors
- 7-10+ years product marketing experience
- 5+ years experience specifically working in B2B technology markets
- 5+ years as a leader of a team in product marketing
- An obsession with the customer
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills
- Excel at working cross-functionally, aligning multiple stakeholders and teams across organizations
- Experience with global/international product launch
- Strategic thinker who can reduce broad strategies into well-defined Product Marketing plans
- Analytical and data-driven
- Ability to understand and connect technical details to meaningful customer value
- Self-starter who has experience leading product marketing teams in a high-growth environment
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Ability to adapt to different teams and internal customers
- Experience working for a beauty or personal care focused tech startup
- MBA degree highly desired
- Experience with marketing cross-platform product and services, across various segments (SMB, enterprise, consumer)
Let's do this
Drop us a line and tell us more about yourself. Haikus, side projects, and favorite GIFs are always a great conversation starter.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive.
As a venture-backed startup based in Los Angeles, we are innovating at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle. We are thoughtfully unapologetic about challenging the status quo in pursuit to help people become the best version of themselves. We use technology, design, and style to unleash the untapped potential in all of us, drive real results, and we're just getting started!
Come do the best work of your life here at Boulevard.