Research and Development – Engineering
Boulevard is transforming business management for premium beauty service brands through their proprietary platform-as-a-service.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, Boulevard is the only management tool built specifically for appointment-based businesses that delivers ease of use with style and sophistication.
Founded in 2016 and based in Los Angeles, Boulevard is carefully designed to automate workflows and drive revenue while allowing brands to offer a personalized experience that keeps clients coming back.
Our engineering team has one simple but lofty goal: deliver a delightful experience to our service providers and their customers. You'll have the opportunity to build extraordinary applications that are reliable, fast, responsive, and beautiful.
Stack: JS, Node.js, SQL, The best tool for the job
- Collaborate with a small yet extraordinarily talented team of engineers to onboard clients into Boulevard’s system by migrating/manipulating data as necessary
- Create Shell and Bash scripts to automate the migration process
- Work closely with the Sales team to scrape data from major review sites and create lead lists that will help us grow our business
- Write clean, reusable, and well-tested code to automate and expedite current processes
- Continually test, measure, and iterate on the results of your work in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Help to bridge the responsibilities of both the Sales and Engineering teams
- Build and contribute to open source projects
- Experience with Web Scraping and Data Migration techniques
- A BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field from a top university
- Smarts, humility, communication skills, and equal willingness to teach and learn
Bonus Points For
- Strong knowledge of computer science principles
- Experience coding in Ruby, Elixir, React, or React Native
- Complicated SQL statements role off your fingers with ease
- AWS know-how along with the ability to utilize tools like Docker & containers
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive.
As a venture-backed startup based in Los Angeles, we are innovating at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle. We are thoughtfully unapologetic about challenging the status quo in pursuit to help people become the best version of themselves. We use technology, design, and style to unleash the untapped potential in all of us, drive real results, and we're just getting started!
Come do the best work of your life here at Boulevard.