Operations – People and Culture /
BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
As Boulevard’s Benefits Manager, you will play a key role on the People Operations team helping all Boulevard employees do the best work of their careers by developing and managing a benefits strategy designed to support a diverse workforce through various stages of life.
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: 4+ years of professional experience in benefits strategy development, plan implementation, administration, and management in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder Management: The ability to cultivate a partnership with stakeholders with a high degree of professionalism, and provide a white-glove experience to Boulevard employees. Demonstrated ability to gain, or earn senior leadership team confidence and sponsorship.
- Collaboration + Organization: Strong cross-collaboration skills and experience managing multi-faceted, time-sensitive projects.
- Compliance: Thorough understanding of health plan funding methods and knowledge of ERISA, ACA, and other laws governing employee and retirement benefits at the Federal, State, and local levels.
- Communication: High emotional intelligence with robust communication and influencing skills to build relationships cross-functionally and across levels. Superior written and verbal communication skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the overall design, implementation, communication, and administration of the company's health, wellness, and financial benefits programs.
- Utilize your deep understanding of the external benefits market using data as a core driver of future benefits design.
- Be the subject matter expert on all benefit programs.
- Prepare and present analyses, materials, and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Align with key business stakeholders and external partners to build a strong diverse, inclusive benefits brand.
- Ensure compliance with all business and legal plan requirements, manage the preparation and filing of legally required reports as needed.
- Manage benefits budget, expenses, and the administration of the benefits program.
- Continually analyze our offerings, gathering internal sentiments and feedback to understand how our offerings align with the needs of our employees.
- Manage employee leave programs including FMLA, state leave law requirements, Workers Comp, and ADA accommodations.
- Proactively audit and maintain data integrity of all plan enrollments.
- Continuously evolve programs and services to enhance employee experience by developing innovative solutions and enhanced communications.
- Coordinate with legal counsel and other internal stakeholders to ensure benefit programs are in compliance with all applicable regulatory and legislative requirements, including but not limited to ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, and ACA.
- Manage benefit projects through the entire life cycle, coordinating the efforts of vendors, internal team members, and other business units.
- Manage Worker’s Compensation claims administration, policy, and annual audits.
Within 1 month you’ll...
- Graduate from Boulevard’s platform training course and complete all mandatory compliance training.
- Understand the core business objectives, existing policies, processes, and systems - beginning to identify areas for improvement.
- Meet with all third-party benefit administration stakeholders to understand existing process and benefit plan designs.
- Document areas of opportunity and improvement within the Benefits administration process.
Within 3 months you’ll…
- Independently field employee benefits questions and resolve issues with occasional guidance from the VP, People.
- Revise and iterate existing Standard Operating Procedures for recurring processes.
- Facilitate new hire benefit overview meetings.
- Track and update new benefit enrollments and changes in BambooHR to ensure month/quarter-end payroll and benefit reconciliations are consistently accurate.
- Manage timely and accurate upload of retirement savings plan contributions.
- Work with our Sr. Accounting Manager to remedy discrepancies related to benefits billing and deduction withholdings.
- Begin developing structured LOA administration workflows, accommodating unique state requirements where applicable.
- Establish a method of reporting on key KPIs surrounding Boulevard’s benefits
After 6 months you’ll...
- Explore new partnerships to keep employees engaged, and work to develop more formal reporting to gauge existing vendor health.
- Think creatively about employee wellbeing and inclusion; assisting Employee Engagement PM in key seasonal initiatives and special projects.
- Assess our current efforts to help employees and teams focus on wellbeing, and identify opportunities to keep us moving forward as we navigate a new normal post-pandemic.
- Assist in benefits benchmarking activities to assess current programs and policies; maintain oversight on all benefits policies.
- Be ready to independently lead Boulevard’s 2022 Open Enrollment process from initial review of existing benefits package, carrier competitive analysis, and plan-change recommendations to coordination with carriers and Maxwell Health team to ensure a successful Open Enrollment experience for all employees.
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.