Director, Talent Acquisition
Los Angeles /
Operations – People and Culture /
BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
- Lead the design and delivery of Boulevard's employment branding and innovative recruiting campaign activities that produce awareness and draw high quality candidates to Boulevard.
- Develop and iterate on a thoughtful and measurable recruitment processes across the entire business (engineering, product, operations, business development, sales, finance).
- Collaborates closely with the Executives and Managers to provide thought leadership for executive recruiting philosophies, processes, tools and tactics.
- Build a data-driven recruiting organization and process, including analytics, dashboards, and ATS, and a culture of continuous improvement using data insights to shape our operational roadmap and priorities.
- Create training programs and ways of working with hiring managers and interviewers that continually improve their capabilities.
- Hire and manage internal or external talent sources, coordinators, and other recruiting support roles.
- Coordinate with external recruiters, including negotiating agreements, and providing feedback to fine tune searches.
- Partner with hiring managers and senior leaders to play a key role in the design, implementation and management of workforce planning processes and organizational design.
- Partner with other leaders to execute on our diversity and inclusion priorities, and drive recruiting-related initiatives that make Boulevard a best-in-class place for everybody to work.
- Train managers on recruitment and selection process. Receive, catalog, distribute, and file resumes via applicant tracking database.
- Leverage technology throughout our entire hiring progress to continually improve the productivity of our hiring managers and recruiting team.
- Provides leadership and direction for contingent workforce management (temporary staffing, contractors, consultants), external vendor partnerships, college relations/recruitment, co-op and intern programs, internal referral programs, immigration, employment advertising, background/reference verification, I-9 compliance, and all other employment-related functions.
- 15+ years in recruiting for roles ranging from entry-level to executive in high-growth environments.
- Ability to grow global strategies and thinking about recruiting priorities 2-3 years ahead.
- Experience developing selection questionnaires, developing training programs, leadership development programs, implementing performance review process, conducting & analyzing employee satisfaction surveys, and providing consultation regarding organization structure and employee relations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presenting to senior leadership teams.
- Ability to pick up new systems and technology quickly if you don't know it already (e.g., applicant tracking systems, LinkedIn recruiter, etc.).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Tremendous emotional intelligence and great judgment make you a trusted partner of Boulevard executives, an inspirational leader within the company, and a trusted coach to senior candidates.
- You are a hunter at heart, and know how to create programs and strategies that ensure Boulevard gets to know and attracts the best talent out there before they are even actively searching.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people at all levels of an organization.
- Analytical mindset; you seek to understand and solve a problem, you instinctively ask for the data. You are fluent with recruiting analytics and how to build and improve systems and processes around them.
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.