Director, Customer Success
Customer Success – Customer Success Leadership
Boulevard is reimagining the way you shop and pay for personal care services. We innovate at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle to solve the unmet needs of businesses and their clients. We believe that the right technology will help small businesses do big things; to thrive and promote prosperity, potential, and possibilities for all.
We are a community committed to creating together, vested in each other’s success. We enjoy the finer things in life and are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. We honor our past and dream big so we can anticipate tomorrow’s needs today. We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. We have an insatiable curiosity, embrace experimentation, and believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication. We are discerning about what we work on and we design every detail to maximize potential, power, and impact. We cultivate integrity and trust, always striving to deliver delight, build confidence, and earn admiration in all that we do. We treasure learning, humility, diversity, and deep relationships at every level.
If you are a high-performing individual with passion and inspires others to thrive, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you! This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a disruptive early-stage tech company poised for growth, offering its team members significant growth opportunities and generous equity packages. We have a proven product, brand-name customers, significant revenue, and are backed by leading technology investors.
Customer Success at Boulevard
We accompany our customers every step of the way from the moment they partner with us to the end of their journey. We bring passion to what we do every day because what we do matters to real people. We share happy and sad moments with our customers, we laugh and cry with them, and we build relationships that go far beyond a business partnership. We are a group of ambitious, intelligent, hard-working, and fun people. If you are passionate about helping real hard working people, love technology, aren't afraid of a challenge or two, and have a desire to push yourself to your maximum potential, our Customer Success team is where you belong.
Boulevard is looking for a Director of Customer Success (CS) to lead our SMB, Mid-Market, and Enterprise CS teams. The candidate will be responsible for leading efforts to maximize client outcomes, spread evangelism, and fuel growth in our high-touch customer segments. In addition, you can develop and execute the concept of "customer intimacy at scale" and turn it into a results-delivering success program. The role requires close alignment with cross-functional leaders to drive a company-wide culture of client success. The candidate will have the opportunity to grow the team to 20+ high impact individual contributors by the end of this year. This role requires building effective outreach strategies, programs, and processes that leverage both people and automation to support Boulevard's largest clients in the beauty and personal care industry.
- Own the entire post-sales customer lifecycle, including implementations, account management, customer support, and customer success.
- Manage and grow the team that is responsible for implementing best practices, fine-tuning the customer journey, identifying opportunities for listening points and interventions
- Influence customer lifetime value realization through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction/NPS efforts, and overall health score monitoring
- Design and implement renewal and upsell programs to support continuous growth, expansion and retention across all accounts.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with C-level executives at marquee clients
- Define and manage all operational metrics for the teams from high-level KPIs to individual scorecards
- Work closely with other internal client facing teams to ensure consistency and focus on client outcomes through all post-sale touch points
- Developing and implementing processes that positively influence key client business metrics, uncovering at-risk client situations and acting quickly to avoid attrition
- Design and implement Account Planning methodology that CSMs can leverage to conduct stakeholder management and plan value-based adoption campaigns
- Provide strategy, leadership, and guidance to direct reports; coach and mentor to ensure an energized, motivating work environment and desired business outcomes are achieved
- 4+ years in leading customer-facing organizations
- 8+ years experience in Customer Success/Service/Account Management roles
- Ability to understand Boulevard's technology platform and build meaningful relationships with customers of varying technical savvy.
- Expert level understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Background of post-sale experience, including upsell and renewal responsibilities
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with an abundance of charisma, empathy, humility, and humor.
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for growth.
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- You have an MBA from a top-rated school
- Prior experience at a rapid-growth technology startup
- You're familiar with the beauty and personal care industry
Let's do this
Drop us a line and tell us more about yourself. Haikus, side projects, and favorite GIFs are always a great conversation starter.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive.
As a venture-backed startup based in Los Angeles, we are innovating at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle. We are thoughtfully unapologetic about challenging the status quo in pursuit to help people become the best version of themselves. We use technology, design, and style to unleash the untapped potential in all of us, drive real results, and we're just getting started!
Come do the best work of your life here at Boulevard.