Data Product Manager
Los Angeles / Remote /
Research and Development – Product Management /
BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
As a Data Product Manager, you have a strong technical acumen with the curiosity to identify, measure and solve problems through data insights. You are comfortable working with stakeholders to bring together disparate data sources from various business units. You should have experience working autonomously with data scientists, engineers, revenue operations, marketing leadership and executives to bring ideas to life.
What you'll do here:
- Be a data steward for the entire organization
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our data system and how it can be used to support a wide variety of use cases across multiple verticals of the beauty industry
- Articulate value of machine learning/data science models as they relate to organizational objectives
- Perform financial and/or user metric forecasting to support rationale for proposed feature initiatives
- Partner with other Product Managers to advocate for a forward-thinking data strategy across all platforms
Why you’ll thrive:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Marketing, Communications, or equivalent professional experience
- Product Management Experience: 4+ years of experience in Product Management or related field
- Analytics: Experience with large data sets, data architecture, machine learning, and/or data science projects
- Agile Experience: Experience working in an agile and lean environment
- Testing: A deep understanding of A/B testing
- Project Management: Strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Also comfortable with leading multiple initiatives and ad hoc requests simultaneously
- Expert Communicator: Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively interact with customers, internal teams, and senior management
- Adaptable: Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment where the only thing constant is change
- Project Tracking Tools: Experience with JIRA, Aha!, or other project tracking software
Within 1 month you’ll...
- Graduate from Boulevard’s platform training program
- Learn the product development process and role of Product Management at Boulevard
- Partner with the Sales team to understand the sales process and pain points
- Partner with Onboarding and Customer Success to understand the customer process and pain points
- Partner with Data and Engineering to understand our data model and architecture
- Learn the competitive landscape
Within 2 months you’ll…
- Contribute to data initiatives to begin providing value
- Complete and deliver your first product requirements document
- Analyze competitive and internal data strategies
After 3 months you’ll...
- Present recommendations for data initiatives that align with organizational objectives
- Own the data roadmap
- Be the subject matter expert data infrastructure
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.