Salesforce Marketing Cloud Architect
All Locations /
Technology – Campaign /
Bounteous is looking for a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Architect to lead high-priority Campaign Technology implementation projects and ongoing platform support. This position sits within our Technology team, but will regularly interface with a large, cross-functional team of developers, solution architects, marketing strategists and digital marketing specialists to help bring digital customer experiences to life. As such, the ideal candidate will be dynamic and flexible with a strong affinity toward data and process.
This position necessitates knowledge of varying industry trends, campaign management best practices and marketing technologies, so the ideal candidate should possess a desire to continually learn, improve and apply subject matter expertise to individual client needs.
If you are energized by representing an award-winning, stable and growing company in a fast moving digital transformation space, we’d like to meet you!
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead discovery efforts to gather necessary information from clients and internal team members to appropriately understand business needs and solution requirements for digital marketing campaigns
- Develop deep knowledge of each client's business and available data to ensure platform solutioning is on par with client's marketing objectives
- Translate business needs into detailed technical requirements for platform configuration, data schemas and system integrations to deliver against business needs
- Lead platform configuration and development of digital marketing campaigns across email, text and push notification channels
- Oversee development, testing and deployment of SFMC platform development completed by junior developers
- Create Architecture and Technical specifications documents
- Serve as day-to-day SFMC technical SME to internal and client teams
- Work closely with project management team to manage workflow and deadlines across multiple, simultaneous platform-related projects and change controls
- Provide support to senior team members throughout project estimation and Marketing Technology discovery / roadmapping engagements, as needed
- Provide support to Campaign Operations team for ongoing platform and schema optimizations, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related business or technology field, or equivalent work experience required
- 5 to 10 years experience in a Software Development role working with data-driven applications
- Minimum of 3 years working with Salesforce Marketing Cloud as a platform Architect, with demonstrated experience leading 3+ SFMC implementation projects
- Experience serving as Salesforce Marketing Cloud Subject Matter Expert, with knowledge of various SFMC modules (Audience Builder, Journey Builder, Mobile Studio, Ad Studio, Social Studio, etc) and Salesforce AppExchange
- Salesforce Technical Architect or Marketing Cloud Consultant certification preferred
- Experience writing SQL queries for Select/Insert/Update/Delete, including knowledge of multi-table joins and outer joins
- Experienced data modeler in relational database systems
- Experience or familiarity with HTML, MJML and responsive email coding a plus
- Agency experience preferred, with 2+ years experience in a client-facing role and knowledge of overall agency structures and agile project management methodologies
- Solid understanding of campaign execution processes, audience segmentation methods, industry best practices, communication legal compliance, and downstream campaign analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with all levels of an organization and capable of communicating as effectively with technical staff as with business and management
- Familiarity with a variety of cross-channel campaign management platforms and marketing cloud solutions a plus (Adobe, Selligent, Redpoint, Oracle, or similar)
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.