Senior Product Manager (Omni-channel OMS)
United States /
Contract – Strategy, Insights, & Activation /
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager with deep experience in Retail landscape systems (Order management, Inventory, Store systems etc.) to join our team. They will serve as a liaison between highly motivated, multidisciplinary teams and our clients to build solutions. This individual will effectively communicate and co-ordinate across teams for requirement gathering, mapping documentation for various order management project needs. The ideal person has worked on Retail OMS systems (Manhattan DOM, Sterling OMS or similar) and has created mapping documents, requirements to help the engineering team build out solutions. This individual will have a clear understanding of and experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle including vision and scope definition, creative and user experience design, requirements specification and prioritization, iterative development, manual and automated testing, and handoff and delivery. The best candidate will have a bias for action and bring a positive energy to the team, focused on doing whatever it takes to understand the end goal of our clients.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships at multiple levels of the organization.
- Works with client stakeholders to ensure the realization of business outcomes in working solutions
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria, organizing team documentation, consolidating data to implement technical aspects of a business solution, and creating user journeys
- Track, organize and document project strategy and requirements gathering sessions, and driving projects forward
- Must be able to work independently demonstrating initiative in finishing their work in a timely and effective manner
- Understands the concept of iterative delivery and quickly realizing value for clients' users
- Build strong relationships with client and internal team members to deliver success
- Comfortable challenging assumptions
- Can create, maintain, and prioritize the Product backlog for complex projects
- Understands and identifies cross-functional dependencies and able to mitigate risks
- Able to independently write technical tasks with minimal engagement from an architect
- Familiar working with integrations (Xml, EDI, Flat files, Json etc.) and ability to understand them to create business/mapping documents.
- Experience working on agile methodology and familiar with Jira/Confluence tools.
- Able to understand and effectively document business, operational and technical requirements for product, operations, and engineering/IT teams.
- Actively drives the product roadmap and defines project vision for large and complex projects
- Has a collaborative sprit and is a team player
- Is digital-savvy and informed on innovations, trends and technologies in the digital space
- Must be resourceful, with the ability to find solutions where they are not obvious
- BS/BA in relevant program, or equivalent work experience
- Strong foundation in core Product Management skill sets
- 5+ years of product manager experience working at a strategic capacity in eCommerce, retail, marketing, or consulting
- Experience working on Retail landscape systems (Order management, Inventory, Store systems etc.)
- Familiarity with multiple functional suites and software packages for requirements (JIRA, Azure DevOps, etc.)
- Deep knowledge and experience with multiple SDLCs such as Agile, Scrum and traditional waterfall
- Exposure to a wide variety of platforms that include: Adobe, Drupal, Magento, and/or Shopify
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are great assets
- Digital agency experience is a plus
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.