Senior Experience Designer
Bounteous Canada is dedicated to being the best customer experience, eCommerce, and strategic partner for clients across North America.
Our team, located in in the bustling downtown Toronto core, is growing rapidly! If you like a fast-paced work environment that is fun, creative, and collaborative, with phenomenal projects, then Bounteous may be the ideal fit for you.
This role is a blend of design, research, and strategy. With focus on user satisfaction, you need to be able to understand business strategy, create personas and journeys and wireframe and prototype solutions. And then test and iterate.
A user experience designer is generally a jack of all trades in the design process centered on users. The role will focus on creating the successful user experience through researching, feedback, analyzing, testing, and best practices. The main focus of a user experience designer is: driving the development and communication associated with the user design process on a given project, and participating in researching, analyzing, developing, and testing phases of a design process.
The ideal candidate will be must have a proven track record of designing elegant and usable solutions based on UX methodologies and processes. They must also be driven, pragmatic, have a positive attitude, strong attention to detail, a sense of humor, and consistently make decisions with the end users in mind.
- Responsibilities to the Customer:
- Designer is able to build trust with clients early in the process.
- Designer is a confident presenter able to articulate design decisions and provide holistic recommendations based on industry, eCommerce best practices, technology, and user experience.
- Designer is able to ask the right questions to determine paths they can take to success.
- Responsibilities to Bounteous:
- Ability to provide thought leadership to other members of the design team. Provides support to peers through design feedback, processes/training, and preparation for client interactions.
- The designer plays an advocate role within the company. Internal teams (ux design, development, operations, strategy) are able to learn from the individual.
- Ability to research and suggest opportunities for team improvement through the implementation of new tools, hosting lunch and learns, and process suggestions.
- Design work is exceptional, brings repeated client satisfaction and reflects the trends of the industry.
- Design work is strategic and considers both the business goals of the client and the needs of their users.
- Designs are supported by strong UX thinking. Designer is able to execute on UX activities such as data analysis, research, personas, taxonomy, user flows, wireframes and is able to implement the learnings into the visual design.
- File output follows established design systems including symbols, file organization, style guides, and excellent developer collaboration.
- A diploma or degree in a related field (UX Design, Graphic Design, Interdisciplinary Design, Interaction Design) or relevant work experience
- At least 3-4 years experience leading the design/execution of user experiences in a UX/UI role
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholder groups both internally and externally
- Experience in Digital and eCommerce space
- Ability to manage competing priorities while creatively solving problems.
- A solid online portfolio demonstrating experience creating design solutions with an emphasis on web and/or mobile applications
- Experience working with multi-member UX/UI design teams on complex User Experience centric initiatives within an Agile & waterfall team environment and methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of design tools like Sketch, Photoshop and other associated software
- Detail oriented, self-sufficient, resourceful, organized and proactive
- You have the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- You have razor-sharp attention to detail and a keen eye for design
- Strong communication & organization skills.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and love UX challenges.
- Must be self-motivated and able to multitask
- Ability to learn new tools and guidelines quickly
- Competitive salary.
- Training opportunities for professional development.
- Health benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Flexible PTO (Paid time off) policy.
- Extensive health and wellness programs, and initiatives.
- Creative, fun, pet-friendly work environment.
- Monthly team events: Bonfire, Jay’s game, Axe-throwing and more.
- Internal office activities, including Yoga classes, Game nights & more!
- Corporate gym discounts.
- Weekly catered Lunch.
Bounteous offers competitive compensation, benefits, training opportunities, and a killer downtown Toronto office. Did we mention we like beer and pizza? If this sounds like something you’re interested in, send us an application with all the particulars (resume, portfolio, Dribble accounts, etc.).
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
**Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.