Lead Experience Designer
Toronto, ON or Pittsburgh, PA or Chicago, IL or Wilmington, DE or Denver, CO /
Experience Design – Experience Design /
Bounteous is looking for a Lead Experience Designer who has a passion for creative problem solving and a desire to lead fast-paced and dynamic experience design engagements. This is a leadership role ideal for an organized and detail-oriented individual who insists upon delivering high quality solutions that are both data-driven and user-centric. The ideal candidate is a naturally engaging storyteller who enjoys collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to further user experience best practices at every opportunity.
Role and Responsibilities
- Produce, present and oversee user experience deliverables including sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, experience strategy documentation, process flows etc.
- Facilitate discovery activities with limited oversight such as design workshops, stakeholder interviews, accessibility audits, expert reviews, competitive reviews, etc.
- Conduct user research activities such as user testing, persona development, and user journeys.
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams to create innovative, best-in-class, customer-centric solutions
- Contribute to the establishment of experience design standards, deliverables and methodologies within the organization
- Mentor junior staff to create polished deliverables, improve presentation skills, and guide personal growth
- Stay informed of UX best practices, trends, tools, and participate in the local UX community
- Contribute to our culture and atmosphere, quality of work, and growth into the next generation of user experience designers
- At least 6 years of experience as a UX professional
- BS/BA in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to lead engagements to provide a strong voice for UX within blended teams
- Background in mobile design
- Experience presenting work to clients, facilitating workshops and conducting stakeholder interviews
- Experience in leading user research and testing including planning, creation and moderation
- Strong background in human factors, information architecture, and user-centered design methodology
- Ability to create wireframes, sitemaps, navigation flows, user journeys, process flows, interaction design, and specs
- Understanding of responsive design, accessibility issues, and Agile methodology
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- In depth knowledge of design and presentation software, specifically: Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationships
- Excellent listener with a passion for user experience
- Consulting/Agency experience is a plus
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.