Project Accounting Specialist
All Locations /
Finance & Operations – Finance & Operations /
Bounteous' Finance and Client Operations Team is seeking a Project Accounting Specialist ("PAS"). The ideal PAS will have both financial and operations experience in a professional services organization, and will be the point person for project billing set up, maintenance, and invoicing at month end in Bounteous' time-tracking system, OpenAir. In addition to owning project set up, maintenance, and invoicing, this role will work closely with senior finance, operations, and project management leaders to identify areas for optimization in projects in our quickly growing digital transformation agency.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review, assess, and translate professional services contractual obligations into Billing Activities (Rules) in OpenAir
- Maintain and update Billing Rules as required through project lifecycle to complete a full activity report for all hours logged to projects
- Serve as the key Subject Matter Expert for Billing in OpenAir, providing support for our Project Management, Finance and Operations team members
- As part of monthly revenue reconciliation, manage month end project invoice activities in OpenAir. Responsible for running manually, or systematically, each projects' billing each month during invoicing time
- Generation of invoices. Must coordinate and communicate with Project Management and Finance teams to ensure invoice accuracy
- Create and maintain searches, reports, and workflows revolving around invoicing / billing activities
- Identify and create solutions to continually streamline processes and improve efficiencies for our teams revolving around project accounting
- Work with OpenAir admin teams on product releases, new features, and issues
- Plan, organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a collaborative work environment
- Research and educate our teams on OpenAir best practices revolving around billing and invoicing
- OpenAir experience required, Basic NetSuite experience desired, including an understanding of NetSuite-OpenAir integration
- OpenAir experience should include all modules of OpenAir
- Office Suite experience
- Data Conversions, interface/integrations, reporting, and customization experience
- Previous exposure to working in a billing / invoicing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and / or equivalent experience required
- 2-4 years of experience in a professional, fast paced, and dynamic environment
- Familiarity with professional service organizations
- Able to communicate, influence, and listen to internal stakeholders
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to think creatively and work collaboratively to develop solutions and manage expectations of stakeholders
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.