United States /
Technology – Solution Engineering /
We are in need of a Principal Architect to join our growing Solution Engineering practice. As Principal Architect at Bounteous, you will work to understand the challenges, needs, and constraints of clients and create and drive a technical solution and roadmap to support a client's business goals. Good candidates will be able to direct the design of large-scale solutions from conception to completion, mentor and inspire the technical team, and lead client workshops around technical solutions. The best candidate will demonstrate the ability to define and solve the most challenging technical problems and work in a fast-paced environment across multiple clients.
Role and Responsibilities
- Serving as a consulting architect for our clients - working with clients to better understand their problems and goals, recommending possible solutions, and building consensus around architecture
- Leading technical workshops or other discussions with clients and Bounteous team members
- Providing technical oversight during implementation and owning technical delivery
- Collaborating with peers in other Bounteous competencies, such as Strategy, Marketing and XD, to help define solutions for our clients
- Collaborating with peers across multiple technology disciplines
- Helping clients define measures and quantify the value of an architecture/digital platform
- Assisting with business development, driving solutions during pursuit, and estimating
- Contributing thought leadership to Bounteous and the larger tech community
- Comfortable with working with problems that aren't well defined and working with clients to better understand and define their challenges and needs in support of driving appropriate solutions
- 5+ years of experience as an Solution Architect or related position
- Thorough knowledge of the solution architecture and development process, including conceiving, planning, documenting, and leading tech delivery on large technical projects and programs
- The ability to understand and communicate architectural principles, best practices, patterns, and Agile practices
- Ability to lead client workshops and meetings
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- A great attention to detail, with an ability to work clearly, concisely, and quickly; the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- A desire to learn, and adapt to, the latest technologies
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to make things happen with limited oversight
- Experience with REST, JSON/XML, microservices, and Cloud technologies
- Experience with AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
- Experience with MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, or other RDBMS and NoSQL platforms
- Experience with React, Angular, Vue or other JS frameworks
- Experience with Java, Kotlin, PHP, Ruby, and/or C#/.NET
- Agency or big brand experience a plus
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.