Senior Product Owner
Vancouver, BC /
Upcoming Openings – Strategy & Insights /
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Product Owner focused on doing whatever it takes to understand the end goal of our clients. They will serve as a liaison between highly motivated, multidisciplinary teams and our clients to build solutions. This individual will have a clear understanding of and experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle including vision and scope definition, creative and user experience design, requirements specification and prioritization, iterative development, manual and automated testing, handoff and delivery. The best candidate will have a bias for action and bring a positive energy to the team to get stuff done.
Role and Responsibilities
- Works with client stakeholders to ensure the realization of business outcomes in working solutions
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria, organizing team documentation, consolidating data to implement technical aspects of a business solution, and creating user journeys
- Track, organize and document project strategy and requirements gathering sessions, and driving projects forward
- Must be able to work independently demonstrating initiative in finishing their work in a timely and effective manner
- Coordinates implementation activities across a broad range of functions and departments
- Understands the concept of iterative delivery and quickly realizing value for clients' users
- Build strong relationships with client and internal team members to deliver success
- Comfortable challenging assumptions
- Can create, maintain, and prioritize the product Product backlog for complex projects
- Understands and identifies cross-functional dependencies and able to mitigate risks
- Able to independently write technical tasks with minimal engagement from an architect
- Actively drives the product roadmap and defines project vision for large and complex projects
- Can clearly define and communicate interim milestones and project goals
- Coaches and mentors other Product team members as needed
- Continue expansion and development of new skills, techniques, and tools through continuous learning
- Has a collaborative sprit and is a team player
- Is digital-savvy and informed on innovations, trends and technologies in the digital space
- Must be resourceful, with the ability to find solutions where they are not obvious
- BS/BA in relevant program, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of product owner experience working at a strategic capacity in eCommerce, marketing or consulting
- Familiarity with multiple functional suites and software packages for requirements (JIRA, Azure DevOps, etc.)
- Deep knowledge and experience with multiple SDLCs such as Agile, Scrum and traditional waterfall
- Strong foundation in core Product Management skill sets
- Worked on multiple teams and projects simultaneously
- Exposure to a wide variety of platforms and/or programming languages that include: Java, SQL, Visual Basic, Drupal, Magento, AEM, Shopify, PHP, and/or Ruby
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are great assets
- Digital agency experience is a plus
- Previous experience with retail clients is preferred
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.