Lead Front End Developer
Bounteous Canada is dedicated to being the best customer experience, eCommerce, and strategic partner for clients across North America.
Our team, located in in the bustling downtown Toronto core, is growing rapidly! If you like a fast-paced work environment that is fun, creative, and collaborative, with phenomenal projects, then Bounteous may be the ideal fit for you.
We are looking for a talented lead front end developer who obsesses over clean code and extremely intuitive user experiences and who has managed a team of direct reports.
At Bounteous, front-end developers are an integral part of helping define, design and develop new and innovative eCommerce ideas that will be used by millions of people. You’ll turn designs/mockups into working products and help rapidly prototype new features so we can quickly iterate on what works and what doesn’t. If you love to create great user experiences as much as you love to produce clean and super fast front-end code, you probably belong at Bounteous.
Along with being a leader in your craft, you are also focused on the development of your team members and work actively to help them achieve their goals and those of the business through one on ones and career coaching. You stay on top of industry trends and are always training yourself and others to keep the skills of your team sharp and ready to take on the next challenging project. You work seamlessly with the leads in other departments such as Design, Backend Development and Project Management to ensure teams are collaborating, projects are running smoothly and new ideas get actioned on.
Your day to day:
- Working with our team of designers to ensure their brilliant vision is delivered seamlessly into a highly optimized web and mobile experience
- Collaborating with back-end developers to create the building blocks that will allow you to deliver a gorgeous, well-structured interface
- Optimizing HTML/CSS/JS code to ensure high performance interfaces
- Making the world a better place with W3C & WCAG standards
- Grow your professional repertoire by exploring new alternatives to old solutions with the help and encouragement of an all-star team
- Make decisions about the tools and technologies we use and research new ones
- 5+ years working as a front end developer in consumer web design with an emphasis on user experience
- Ability to configure workflows with Webpack, Grunt or Gulp
- Strong understanding of the importance of web site performance and is motivated to design for extreme optimization and user experience
- Ability to self manage your workload and has no hesitation about raising concerns or ideas to the team
- Ability to manage a team of 1-5 front end developers ranging in skill level from Junior to Senior, including one on ones and performance reviews
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills; equally at ease speaking with development teams or executives when articulating and advocating design concepts and rationale
- Experience with Design Software such as Sketch
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with large scale CMS projects using Drupal, Adobe Experience Manager or \ Contentful
- Ability to build Progressive Web Apps
- Knowledge of JS frameworks like React or Vue
- Previous experience with E-commerce / Online Shopping sites a huge plus.
- Magento, Weblinc or Shopify experience
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Knowledge of accessibility standards including WCAG 2.0 (A/AA) and AODA
- Competitive salary
- Training opportunities for professional development
- Health benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO (Paid time off) policy
- Extensive health and wellness programs, and initiatives
- Creative, fun, pet-friendly work environment
- Monthly team events: Bonfire, Jay’s game, Axe-throwing and more
- Internal office activities, including Yoga classes, Game nights & more!
- Corporate gym discounts
- Weekly catered Lunch
Bounteous offers competitive compensation, benefits, training opportunities, and a killer downtown Toronto office. Did we mention we like beer and pizza? If this sounds like something you’re interested in, send us an application with all the particulars (resume, portfolio, Dribble accounts, etc.).
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
**Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.